Thread: Step-Parents
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 11:35 PM
Banned

MommyTime is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
I have no right to tell my ex who or what to do.
Correct.

Quote:
If there is a clear and present provable danger then I can file a motion - that is the extent of my involvement in her life.
You're both co-parents. Think about your statement here.

Quote:
There is no "emotional" reasoning - there is the statistical fact, there is my situation, there are precautions I can take, things I can watch out for and thats it.
Yes, but as a "good parent" you would be vigilant about any changed behaviours in your kids, not just potential abuse.

Quote:
I don't have the right to meet my ex's boyfriend to "allay" my unfounded fears of her boyfriend
No, you don't have the "right" per se.. It would be something you would consider for your child/ren. A way to move forward. It can also go a long way about your character as a parent, for the better, if you're ever in court again.

Quote:
And on another note, I married my ex mostly for sex I didn't realize/know about child/spousal support and all this other garbage otherwise I would have never gone this for with the tramp. All this "At one point, you trusted her BS" is BS. Just because I married you doesn't mean I thought you were smart enough to manage your own affairs. There are some people that are stupid and some that aren't. Being intelligent isn't always the reason to marry soembody
This wasn't necessary. You've opened yourself up to an onslaught of "opinions" about what a jerk this makes you look like.