X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input Sought on Website

Good Morning everyone:

I am in the process of developing a new website (my existing one is not changing) and the premise for the website is in line with this article by internet soothsayer Tim O'Reilly.

Web 2.0 is the premise: basically the article suggests that the Internet has evolved and users interact as opposed to buy, sell, search, etc.

Web forums like this are one tool that can be incorporated into a new website but I am thinking of something that places interactivity into the hands of men and women experiencing divorce. So, with this in mind - what kinds of tools, content and structure would you want to see on a new website. (Naturally my new site will link back here because this is an exceptional web forum.)

Thoughts?

Sean,

The net has a wealth of information available to everyone that has an internet connection.

To me having "Useful or Relevent" links is good section. It gives the person the descretion to filter out unwanted information.

Audibles - is a great tool. For some they would rather hear a voice.

LV

Comment

Interactive eh?

How bout a website that renders free legal advice and forces family law lawyers to become webmasters!

Kidding Jeff! Well, maybe not.

Hubby

Comment

Sean,

People going through divorce as you say not only have to contend with law but emotional and phycological and a whole slew of other emotions and turmoils ... a website that can offer hope, peace and relief from the divorce suffering machine. Sort of like what these forums offer.

Tools?

I'll think about this one...

Hubby

Comment

I really appreciate the input and thanks...

You are along the same lines as my thinking, however, I would like to have a website that expands on a webforum and allows for people to truly interact and collaborate if that makes any sense... thinking out loud here...

Comment

For someone going through a divorce, they find themselves dazed and confused ... a website that is geared towards 'walking' a person through the process? Sort of what you offer only in an automated fashion -- interactive and able to collaborate with people.

Sort of like a checklist. First do this, Second do that. Something that will help people take small steps towards recovery.

Of course I have some other ideas and have some $$$ to invest!

Hubby

Comment

Good ideas - keep em coming!

Comment

I've had a look at a couple of sites like ourfamilywizard.com. Perhaps there is some functionality there that you could duplicate - or improve upon for your site.

Comment

Divorcemanagement - that a great article - thanks for the link.

I think getting people more involved is the way to go. Best wishes for your new site. Let us know when it's live.
                  Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X