School Emergency Contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
    Sorry I wasn’t stating for your situation, just that it’s not always just mom and dad... they can delegate others...

My husband was never an emergency contact for his kids school because we live over an hour away... it was mom, Grandma and Aunt because they were all right in town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no I get what you were saying... and that exactly what I have always had.. grandma and aunt as they are close and dad lives 45 mins away. And has a job where he isn’t always available by phone.

Comment

This is really a non starter. Call the school and ask how they handle emergencies. From there, decide if your work will allow you to leave in the event of the emergency. Let the school go through their list.

Your ex’s gf is not considered his spouse in the eyes of the school and would need permission from you to get the kids in the event of an emergency.

Let dad call the school and get the forms and provide them with his contact info. Make sure he is on the call list. If they want to go into court saying they are second or third on the emergency list and this is the weight of their argument, they will be laughed at. There is so much going against him at this point that bitching about how his gf (who was told to butt the fuck out by OCL) is not considered for emergency response is not going to go well. Sit back and let them self implode.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
        This is really a non starter. Call the school and ask how they handle emergencies. From there, decide if your work will allow you to leave in the event of the emergency. Let the school go through their list.

Your ex’s gf is not considered his spouse in the eyes of the school and would need permission from you to get the kids in the event of an emergency.

Let dad call the school and get the forms and provide them with his contact info. Make sure he is on the call list. If they want to go into court saying they are second or third on the emergency list and this is the weight of their argument, they will be laughed at. There is so much going against him at this point that bitching about how his gf (who was told to butt the fuck out by OCL) is not considered for emergency response is not going to go well. Sit back and let them self implode.

Yes all correct. I called the school. Dad is always second in line. Mom then dad. Then they start on the emergency list. It’s not an issue. He is listed as dad. Always has been. Except he tried to say I didn’t have him down at all. I always have.

Comment

So much talk for the simple common sense of listing the father of a child as an emergency contact?

My ex didn't list me.

Mom first.
          Grandma second.
          Daycare Third.

Sorry, no room for dad. LOL. Except for I got the last laugh.

OCL blasted mom for this. Now I am, first on the days I have child, and second on the days I don't.

List the father on the emergency contact information and don't be my ex taking any issue with that. It's such a common sense thing that I can't understand why it has to get so complicated and require 2 pages of discussion on a forum. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by jaycollins5888 View Post
            So much talk for the simple common sense of listing the father of a child as an emergency contact?

My ex didn't list me.

Mom first.
            Grandma second.
            Daycare Third.

Sorry, no room for dad. LOL. Except for I got the last laugh.

OCL blasted mom for this. Now I am, first on the days I have child, and second on the days I don't.

List the father on the emergency contact information and don't be my ex taking any issue with that. It's such a common sense thing that I can't understand why it has to get so complicated and require 2 pages of discussion on a forum. Seriously.

In another thread you said you were the custodial parent... so wouldn’t you always be first? It also appears that you must live rather close if you have access on school days... the ex in this situation lives over an hour away and doesn’t have school day access. If you bothered to actually read what the OP stated you’d realize these points. An emergency contact is supposed to be available ASAP... doesn’t make sense to list Dad over Grandma when Dad is over an hour away and Grandma is right there... priority should be who can get there in an emergency, not about making Dad feel “right”

Comment

In another thread you said you were the custodial parent... so wouldn’t you always be first?
              I did not say I was "the" custodial parent. I said I was "a" custodial parent. If you bothered to actually read what I stated you’d realize this.

It also appears that you must live rather close if you have access on school days...
              I don't have access. I have parenting times, the same way the mother does. We each get different days of the week.

FYI - You don't need to live close to have school "access".

the ex in this situation lives over an hour away and doesn’t have school day access.
              Doesn't matter. He is still the father of the child. Grandma may be 4 hours away on vacation. Father will still be closer than Grandma.

Grandma may have even had an emergency herself and in the hospital.

Father should be on the emergency contact list. Has nothing to do with access, or school pick up, drop off. You would seriously let a child suffer at a school because father has no school access?

"I understand the emergency, I understand child needs to go home, but I am stuck in an elevator, and grandma is in surgey, so keep the child at the school for the next at least 3 hours DO NOT contact dad because he has no day access or school pick up."

If you bothered to actually read what the OP stated you’d realize these points.
              If you bothered to actually catch the point, point is you should not be on the constant look for excuses to exclude father from emergency contact list. Classic alienating behavior.

An emergency contact is supposed to be available ASAP... doesn’t make sense to list Dad over Grandma when Dad is over an hour away and Grandma is right there... priority should be who can get there in an emergency, not about making Dad feel “right”
              If you bothered to actually read what I stated you’d realize I never actually said the father must be second. My argument was the father MUST be listed. List him for number 7 for all we care. Just, please, don't exclude the father
              of the child.

Comment

I did not say I was "the" custodial parent. I said I was "a" custodial parent. If you bothered to actually read what I stated you’d realize this.

I don't have access. I have parenting times, the same way the mother does. We each get different days of the week.

FYI - You don't need to live close to have school "access".

Doesn't matter. He is still the father of the child. Grandma may be 4 hours away on vacation. Father will still be closer than Grandma.

Grandma may have even had an emergency herself and in the hospital.

Father should be on the emergency contact list. Has nothing to do with access, or school pick up, drop off. You would seriously let a child suffer at a school because father has no school access?

"I understand the emergency, I understand child needs to go home, but I am stuck in an elevator, and grandma is in surgey, so keep the child at the school for the next at least 3 hours DO NOT contact dad because he has no day access or school pick up."

If you bothered to actually catch the point, point is you should not be on the constant look for excuses to exclude father from emergency contact list. Classic alienating behavior.

If you bothered to actually read what I stated you’d realize I never actually said the father must be second. My argument was the father MUST be listed. List him for number 7 for all we care. Just, please, don't exclude the father

of the child.

And you missed where I wrote the father is listed as the father and the school will always call him if the mother is unreachable!! Right where I said I called the school!!

Parents don’t go on the emergency list. Because they are the first ones always that get called.

Comment

Originally posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
                  And you missed where I wrote the father is listed as the father
                  I would sure hope the father is listed as the father. You surely wouldn't want to list the father as the rapist...

You clearly informed us your thinking is:

So my thinking is... the kids are always with me during the week... why would dad need to be listed as the emergency contact?
                  And you're still saying:

Parents don’t go on the emergency list. Because they are the first ones always that get called.
                  My question to you now becomes, then why are you on the list and as number 1?

Why not just list grandma as number 1 and tell the school to write you and dads name on stickey notes beside the office phone and make sure they are always the first ones to get called?

Comment

Because I have sole custody. So naturally they would call the parent that they live with first...

I won’t waste anymore time responding to you as your not helpful at all and that is what this forum is for. Thank you to everyone else who was helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
                      List him as 3.

In my case, dad is listed as call person 3. Simply because he works about an hour away.

1. Mom (works 15 minutes away)
                      2. Grandma (lives 5 minutes away)
                      3. Dad (works 40min- 1hr away)
                      Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
                      the emergency contact(s) for our kid- time is of the essence. Sometimes schools are reluctant to deliver Epi. So someone needs to be there asap if the school is unsure.

Based on your logic, the ideal list would look more like this:

1. Grandma (lives 5 minutes away)
                      2. Mom (works 15 minutes away)

Note to dads: I always thought My ex was the only mom that does this kind of thing. But then I found this forum. I eventually was able to prove the mother was misalining the child, and the OCL lady told me one of the first things she always checks when there is allegations of alienation... the emergency contact list on the school.... I wasn't even on it in my case! LOL Daycare was number 3 after grandma! Daycare supposed to ditch all kids in her care and run to the school to get my kid! LOOL

Note to moms: List dad on that list. And don't put him absolute last on the list. You being first and they being last is not any type of prestige social status and isn't anything to brag about.

Comment

Because I have sole custody. So naturally they would call the parent that they live with first...
                        But you just said you don't even need to be on the list if you're the parent?

I won’t waste anymore time responding to you
                        Good choice. I think you've discriminated yourself and your intentions just about enough.

[QUOTE=Mom 2 Two;238102]
                        your not helpful at all and that is what this forum is for. Thank you to everyone else who was helpful.

Happy to hear the forum persuaded you to promote the father on the emergency contact list, and demote grandma.

Comment

Hey guys I think we found tunnelight’s newest account!

Comment

School Emergency Contact

Based on your logic, the ideal list would look more like this:

1. Grandma (lives 5 minutes away)
                            2. Mom (works 15 minutes away)
                            There are other factors why I decided that they should contact me first- I’ve been the one to administer her epinephrine both times she’s anaphylaxed. My mom, luckily or unluckily, has also been there once when she has, so she can identify the symptoms. Dad? Has not. I don’t keep that information from him though- I’ve sent him pictures and given him a timeline on how her reactions progress in case he ever finds himself handling a severe reaction.

I made the decision that they should call me first because I know I am the one in the best position to make the decision to epi. I can do that by the photos they send me. I also will call my mom to get over there to be with her ASAP while I get there from work.

What you seem to forget is M2T has sole custody. As do I. Sole custody means you, and you alone, get to make the decision on how and when the school notifies emergency contacts.

She already confirmed dad is listed as a contact. But if an emergency medical decision needs to made- M2T gets to decide who makes it 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.

If dad doesn’t like it. He can get custody changed. But he’s not likely to.

Note to dads: I always thought My ex was the only mom that does this kind of thing. But then I found this forum. I eventually was able to prove the mother was misalining the child, and the OCL lady told me one of the first things she always checks when there is allegations of alienation... the emergency contact list on the school.... I wasn't even on it in my case! LOL Daycare was number 3 after grandma! Daycare supposed to ditch all kids in her care and run to the school to get my kid! LOOL
                            your ex was the only one incompetent enough to lose sole custody after years of status quo. And you seem just self centred and hcp enough to put yourself above your kid to keep them centred in a 4 year custody battle.

M2T has done everything child centred. She doesn’t alienate. Neither do I. About 6 posters on this board have already to you- your situation is not the norm. You cannot extrapolate your experiences to each and every mom v. dad conflict. You’ve been banned how many times now? Stop attacking mothers. You actually have some useful information to share, why not do that without all the dumb MRA stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Selfrepmom View Post
                              Hey guys I think we found tunnelight’s newest account!

My thoughts exactly!!

Comment

My thoughts exactly!!

Iona your always so kind... and look to the positive!! I believe when people act this way as tunnlelight does... it’s because he just needs some extra love and attention... kind of like when our kids act out. ;-/

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X