This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
    Actually, I think the point is morals differ. Our current ethical system governs payment of ss.

By the way, the answer is: wet.
    YES!!! you win - smartest one of the lot lol!

Comment

Regardless of whether one thinks SS is appropriate or not, I think most (if not all) Canadians would view the recipient poorly if they knew the recipient was gloating about receiving SS.

I shudder when I read of people that boast about how they screwed it to their ex.

If someone you knew boasted about screwing over their sibling for money after their parents death how would you view that person?

Nobody likes a braggart.

Comment

Originally posted by FaithandMorals View Post
        Regardless of whether one thinks SS is appropriate or not, I think most (if not all) Canadians would view the recipient poorly if they knew the recipient was gloating about receiving SS.

I shudder when I read of people that boast about how they screwed it to their ex.

If someone you knew boasted about screwing over their sibling for money after their parents death how would you view that person?

Nobody likes a braggart.
        I don't always agree with you but this post is bang on.

Comment

I think you have missed the point,. No one braggs about screwin a x. If you read any cases, there is a party who is successful and one who isn';t. It isnt always about money and SS.
          The fact that you have battled 3 long years, lost sleepless nights and put you out of pocket 250k to fight lies and deceit, and then you finally prove your case, (sucks to divorce an accountant, I am one) does give you satisfaction. If the respondant had been up front and was fair I wouldnt have had to be successful. It would have been a done deal. It was HIM who lied and his cheating during the marriage was nothing compared to his lies and cheating after.
          There is nothing to brag about, divorce is an ugly horrible experience, I am just relieved that I proved my case. This wasnt lying about 3 thousand dollars nor 100 thousand this was lying about over 300k. So yes if you view it I screwed him so be it, I view it as I proved the truth and am proud of it.

Comment

No one referred to you or your situation. Therefore it may or may not be relevant. The statements were generic and would apply to those who fit the description. It boggles my mind when someone takes a generic statement and personalizes it. I also view this as antagonistic.

Comment

I cannot speak of anyone but my situation, and it was meant to give a perspective. I am not paronoid nor do I wish to speak on behalf of anyone else. I happen to have been successful on fighting for SS and won. It wasnt about nailing anyone it was about the truth.
              If it is perceived in anyway that I was out to screw my x or pin him, the point was missed. It is about fair, and protecting myself. I am sorry you found it antagonistic, but there are few on here who fought or are fighting for SS and it was meant to give meaning to what someone who has been through the system endured.
              It boggles my mind how offensive some can be.

Comment

momforever1956 - You and I are SS recipients from long-term marriages. Most people in higher income earning brackets settle out of court. I suspect people on here don't have much experience/knowledge about as they are simply too young. It's kind of like me trying to grasp the concept of this parallell/dual/shared child custody thing. I have no personal experience with it. From an inexperienced viewpoint (thank goodness), such as my own, CS looks like a legalized grab for the family coffers - difference being children are pawns.

We often form our opinions based on our personal experiences. Very easy to be on the outside looking in isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                  momforever1956 - You and I are SS recipients from long-term marriages. Most people in higher income earning brackets settle out of court. I suspect people on here don't have much experience/knowledge about as they are simply too young. It's kind of like me trying to grasp the concept of this parallell/dual/shared child custody thing. I have no personal experience with it. From an inexperienced viewpoint (thank goodness), such as my own, CS looks like a legalized grab for the family coffers - difference being children are pawns.

We often form our opinions based on our personal experiences. Very easy to be on the outside looking in isn't it?
                  Hmmm so old people can't support themselves?

Comment

Actually I'm more perplexed at why CS is a legalized grab and kids aren't deserving of support....jeesh this doesn't make sense.

All in all, I'm not a SS recipient. And I don't have to be to have an opinion on it.

Age has little to do with comprehending a situation....

Comment

Some people are just too fucking stupid to read the previous posts.

Comment

Is it any wonder that family law is so complicated? Here we all are, reasonably intelligent adults with highly differing opinions on what is ethical, right, wrong ect. The only opinion that truly matters in the end is the judge's ... and even that could be appealed and overturned.

Each case is different whether it be CS or SS that is awarded. The guidelines are basically only that - guidelines. The true problem is enforcing whatever is decided ... that's another thread altogether.

Comment

I find Arabian's post deeply offensive - regardless of who it is intended for. This is the kind of stuff we deal with mom every day....whether we agree one hundred percent with what she is saying or not she is offensive. This kind of talk/text doesn't belong...any where.

The law and the enforcement of it, would be far less difficult if individuals acted respectfully.

Comment

I think this thread has lost it's usefulness. You (Serene) and I have a difference of opinion. I am a recipient of SS and have fought hard for it. I frankly don't give a shit whether you fucking well like what I have to say or not.

Leave it alone Serene.

Comment

We should not judge nor interpret a situation we have not experienced. Easier said than done. We are humans with lots of restrictions and one of them is having the ability to emerse ourselves in another's shoes.
                              The thought of using children for leverage or financial gain, the thought of not being able to see your child or spend holidays with them, the thought that someone dictates when and where is sickening. To use children as a percentage 40% 50% offset make me cringe. I just feel for those poor children. When I read we overpay 50 dollars or the x uses the money for personal things is more than shocking. What kind of low-life trash uses funds that belong to a child for themselves. I will never understand.

Comment

What about swearing and name calling? Is that okay?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X