View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 11:04 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkHouses View Post
It is absolutely silly.
More kids of that age die from drowning in backyard pools than COVID so far.
What are they going to do, take away access for having a pool?

It is all personal opinion....no numbers on this stuff just speculation and that is worrisome for this and other items that are not COVID.
What you and many anti-vax (assuming you are) fail to understand is that children carry the virus and then infect those who are vulnerable.

Vaccination is only partially about protecting the actual individual it is more about protecting the community.

And yes... Judges have taken kids away from parents who have unsafe living environments. Having a "pool" isn't the issue... Not locking the gate to the pool when the young children are outside... not watching young children in the pool... etc... its a sign of bad parenting...

Judge to Parent with Pool: Do you lock the gate and supervise the children when they are in the pool? Do you know how to swim and are there proper safety devices in place?

Reasonable parent: Yes. Yes and Yes.

Unreasonable parent: My pool my rules! My kids are smart! They won't drown in a pool. More kids are hit by cars than die in pools! Did you know that the number of people who drowned by falling into a pool correlates with Films Nicolas Cage has appeared in from 1999-2009! (https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations) So maybe I shouldn't be letting my kids watch Nicolas Cage movies!!!

Anti-vax folks survive on spurious correlations all the time... So do high-conflict parents.

Last edited by Tayken; 11-12-2021 at 11:09 AM.