Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incompetence mixed with Corruption and Bias

CanLII Connects - Court order against FRO demonstrates lack of discretion

I believe I posted this case the other day.

FRO and other maintenance enforcement agencies do indeed have discretionary powers. I like to remind people from time to time to remember when they call these places they are talking to employees in a call centre. Now that FRO is on l hope communication via email etc. will help people as many people do now know the power of having something in writing.

Comment

No wonder I was suspicious today when I got an email from my lawyer saying that the OP wanted to have the arrears of CS paid directly to my STBX account. The inscription from the judge states that I must pay the arrears before the end of June but did not indicate how. So knowing it will take longer with FRO to receive the amount, the OP asked that I pay directly by fund transfer with the bank. I went back to my FRO file and noted the following;

a- The OP had file initially with FRO and had opened the case
      b- once the inscription from the judge is written and approved as an order, a copy is forwarded to FRO
      c- once FRO received the order, they will indicate that the account is in arrears for CS to the payer
      d- if I've paid the arrears directly to my ex, FRO will need that I provide such proof of payment to adjust my account
      e- every time they adjust, they charge 100$ for admin fees.

So basically, once you have a file open with FRO, you deal with no other one but FRO. So I call my lawyer to let the OP know that the payment will be made directly to FRO before the end of June. It is up to my STBX to collect the funds from FRO.

As far as I know, if she wishes to have the funds deposited into her account, she will need to close the file with FRO with my consent.

Comment

^

The "OP", as in the user called 'links17' above???

Comment

Originally posted by hopefull View Post
          ^

The "OP", as in the user called 'links17' above???
          OP could be Other Party as per my message above or Original Poster. It depends of the context/subject. Sorry if you're confused.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X