View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 09:53 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostFather View Post
I have to wonder if a person would have any recourse? These people are intrusted to make an unbiased report of facts. It would of appeared to have failed in that area. I am unsure if you're willing to take on a task of filing a complaint after all you've been through but i hope that you ask this investigator to be in investigated.
The Ontario Ombudsman may be responsible for the Office of the Children's Lawyer (OCL). If they are then a complaint, attaching all the cogent evidence, can be attached and an investigation can take place. I know that Legal Aid Ontario is investigated by The Ombudsman. But, not sure about the OCL.

There is probably a governing body that reviews OCL. Finding it and learning their complaint process is key.

Furthermore, if the OCL "Social Worker" is registered you can also file a complaint with their governing body as well. As clinicians they have a governing body that assesses their conduct and qualifications. A complaint again, attaching all the cogent evidence (i.e. the decision) could be made. You would have to study their practice guide lines and see if the provided report violates their code of conduct etc...

Good Luck!
Tayken