View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 06:17 AM
FL_Needs_To_Change's Avatar
FL_Needs_To_Change FL_Needs_To_Change is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern Ontario
Posts: 1,261
FL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura aboutFL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura about

A Section 15 report is ordered by a judge when he or she needs more information to make a decision about what custody and access arrangements are best for a child . You or your husband or partner can also ask the judge to order a Section 15 report.

I think the lawyer is looking to understand all relevant persons that would benefit (or have something of significants to present) for this report/assessment. Generally it is a meeting with you, your husband or partner, and the children separately, and then with each parent with the children. Sometimes the person preparing the report will visit each parent’s house to evaluate the home. If it is a Psychologist, they may have you complete some tests to evaluate you. They may also talk to friends, extended family, teachers and daycare workers about your family.