View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 01:27 PM
dad2bandm dad2bandm is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,907
dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

So your son has asked Mom for *his* birth certificate, and she refuses to provide it to him, knowing that it's for the driver's license?

I assume your son is 16 then (given this is for a driver's license)? Go the replacement option if you have to then. He's actually old enough to get it himself now, if his Mom is not providing it.

I also had an ex who would not provide birth certificate (but my child was too little to know at the time), and I just went the "order a replacement" route.

[Does he have a Passport? Depending on province, some of them allow another document to be used, but mostly restricted to birth certificate, passport, or citizenship card. He needs his birth certificate anyway, so just get a replacement.]

Last edited by dad2bandm; 09-25-2019 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Other document options text added...
Reply With Quote