This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recalculating Spousal without lawyers

We've got everything worked out...child support payments and spousal support payments are agreed to be paid to me with the numbers coming from our financial mediator based.

I am self employed and my income is therefore fluctuating and likely will increase. We'd like to reduce the spousal as my income increases so we can equalize for fairness but don't really want to wait until a yearly review. We'd also like to do this without paying the mediator or lawyer to tell us what this new spousal number should be. They seem to have the magic computer software that pumps this out. Anyone know a way that we can do it at home?

Originally posted by keepitsimple View Post
    We've got everything worked out...child support payments and spousal support payments are agreed to be paid to me with the numbers coming from our financial mediator based.

I am self employed and my income is therefore fluctuating and likely will increase. We'd like to reduce the spousal as my income increases so we can equalize for fairness but don't really want to wait until a yearly review. We'd also like to do this without paying the mediator or lawyer to tell us what this new spousal number should be. They seem to have the magic computer software that pumps this out. Anyone know a way that we can do it at home?
    Congrats on working this out. You can write up any agreement you like and draw it up. However, you must have independent, signed off legal advice for this to be strong. The rub is that one or both of these lawyers will try and stir the pot. That's how they make money. Know this going in can save money for both of you.

FN

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X