This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Help When You Need It

Where to get help when you need it – National Association of Women and the Law

Above is a list of phone numbers and/or websites where you can get FREE legal information, shelter or help with your situation.

The site also gives basic information on your rights if married or common law.

BTW, the above post is from the National Association of Women and Law. Regardless, domestic abuse can and does happen to victims of both genders. The above site offers useful links for 'anyone' needing guidance in this matter.

Comment

Where's the abused men's helpline?

Comment

Originally posted by Once.is.enough View Post
        Look it up and post it.

saved you some time...Here is a site that helps all genders.

http://www.thehotline.org/
        Last edited by standing on the sidelines; 07-31-2014, 09:15 PM.

Comment

thanks Janibel,

Most victims of domestic abuse don't have the tools or skills to help themselves, and the abuse continues until crazy things happen. Also good to see the site offers links that will be of benefit to everyone in an abusive relationship, regardless of gender.

Btw, I have a Reading for Comprehension workbook available for any posters who are unable to process text, and are generally lacking in comprehension skills. I can courier it out (ontario), if it could be of benefit to anyone.
          Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by Once.is.enough View Post
            definition of anyone:The one-word form anyone is used to mean "any person." The two-word form any one is used to mean "whatever one (person or thing) of a group." Anyone may join means that admission is open to everybody. Any one may join means that admission is open to one person only. When followed by of, only any one can be used: Any one (not anyone) of the boys could carry it by himself. · Anyone is often used in place of everyone in sentences like She is the most thrifty person of anyone I know. In an earlier survey 64 percent of the Usage Panel found this sentence unacceptable in writing. · Anyone and anybody are singular terms and always take a singular verb. See Usage Note at they.

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
              definition of anyone:The one-word form anyone is used to mean "any person." The two-word form any one is used to mean "whatever one (person or thing) of a group." Anyone may join means that admission is open to everybody. Any one may join means that admission is open to one person only. When followed by of, only any one can be used: Any one (not anyone) of the boys could carry it by himself. · Anyone is often used in place of everyone in sentences like She is the most thrifty person of anyone I know. In an earlier survey 64 percent of the Usage Panel found this sentence unacceptable in writing. · Anyone and anybody are singular terms and always take a singular verb. See Usage Note at they.
              don't rise to the bait. Some posters seem to always make it a gender issue. No matter what you put, they will find a way to twist it.

Comment

Bumpitty, bump, bump - this was a public service announcement from Janibel

Comment

Bumping again .... and again

Comment

J - I have pinned it for you

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                      J - I have pinned it for you
                      Ewww! fancy, thanks, blink!
                      It's important for those who need help to find these agencies and get the support they need.

Comment

Not sure if I did this right so am bumping again lol!

Comment

Le Bump!

Comment

The road ahead may get bumpy, but there's help out there if you need it:

Comment

Janibel: Thank you once again for another thoughtful post which is useful for all users of this site.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X