help wife left us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help wife left us

hi looking for some help i have old jeep which i have had before i got married
    now going through seperation can ex show interest in my jeep

Originally posted by bj42 View Post
    hi looking for some help i have old jeep which i have had before i got married
    now going through seperation can ex show interest in my jeep

If it was an asset when it came into the marriage and you had it at separation then yes. The only difference is the value. And it will be shown on the financial statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When ex-to-be mentioned my classic car, I asked about her jewelry. End of discussion.

Comment

thanks eveyone just going through tuff times

Comment

Judges care not about minor assets like this. Its petty BS that they don't typically deal with. As well, it will cost you 10x the value of the "asset" to fight over them in court.

Comment

what should i do

Comment

When you fill out your assets list the jeep twice:
              What it was worth before the marriage.
              What it was worth after the marriage.
              That will net you a bit of the depreciation.

You own the Jeep she is not entitled to it unless she buys it from you.

Comment

similar thing here

her position was my comic book collection is worth a fortune

My position, this is petty and if you want to do that, I will ask your designer bags and jewellery be treated the same. This was 2 years ago

She insisted.

It just so happens that I was very meticulous in my inventory and found a list of books that I had on date of marriage and date of separation. I was able to pull a list of books purchased during marriage. Local comic book dealer, evaluated the effective increased in my collection at only $4 000.

I knew she would not be bothered to do her part of the deal, so I did it for her through eBay listings for prices..her shit $18k.

2 years later she produces a list on a piece of paper with random values for her items.

The whole thing was silly but for me it is an example of demanding something and when things don't go your way to complain about it.

I would have honestly been fine not even bothering, but too late for her

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
                  Family Law and Court is a huge joke.
                  If you allow it so.

Comment

All your complaints are man made. If you stick to the system for resolution, you'll find it in a "reasonable" time frame. Don't stop for meditation, negotiations, anything. All that can be done while awaiting your next appointment. If you allow delays, there will be delays. Don't be the joke that blames it on the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
                      And when your ex discovered that she would have to pay you $X, she could easily play aloof or stubborn and negotiate for hours with your lawyer on the matter to drive up your legal costs to the point you let the matter go to stop the bleeding.

Family Law and Court is a huge joke.
                      it goes under equalization payment

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X