View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 03:35 AM

Meenah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Consent with objection is an email you send where you state “on XxX date your client’s Response was due according to the family law guidelines. On XXX date you
Requested late service. I am willing to consent to late service on the following conditions: that you recognize my objections that as a member of the bar against a self represented litigant you are not following the family law rules, and that if, in future, I require your consent for late service that you will give it without delay”.
Thank you for the outline. Here is what I came up with. Hopefully it sounds okay. I will try to get a lawyer to look it over before I send it. I just finished reading about using a lawyer for unbundled or limited scope services which may be a good option for me.

"On dd/mm/yyyy Judge ABC signed an endorsement to extend the date for your client to serve and file a response to my motion to change. On dd/mm/yyyy, your client’s response was due. On dd/mm/yyyy, your incomplete response came to my notice. With this draft and on this date, you requested my consent to a late filing.

I am willing to consent to late service and filing of your client’s documents on the following conditions:

First, that you recognize my objections that as a member of the bar against a self-represented litigant you are not following the family law rules, nor the endorsement in effect from Judge ABC. Second, that your client’s response to motion to change shall be served and filed at the same time as your client’s financial statement (Form 13) as per the family law rules. And finally, that if in future, I require your consent for a late service or filing that you will give it without delay.

Kind regard, "