Need to serve paperwork but don't have an adddress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to serve paperwork but don't have an adddress

Hi, my friend needs to serve some paperwork to terminate child support but she doesn't have an address for her ex. What is the process?

Originally posted by jubilee777 View Post
    Hi, my friend needs to serve some paperwork to terminate child support but she doesn't have an address for her ex. What is the process?
    Who is paying CS in this instance? Is it through FRO or other enforcement agency?

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
      Who is paying CS in this instance? Is it through FRO or other enforcement agency?
      They are registered with FRO, yes. She has always paid support but their son has been out of college for the past 18 months. She just found out days ago yet has still been paying this whole time. The father knew but said nothing and will not contact FRO to tell them their son dropped out and to end child support. Is my friend entitled to an overpayment recovery of some sort? She has overpaid to the tune of about 19K.

Comment

She can contact FRO and put the date he stopped attending. There’s a form on their site. He will get the form and have to respond but if he disagrees then she may have to file a motion.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
          She can contact FRO and put the date he stopped attending. There’s a form on their site. He will get the form and have to respond but if he disagrees then she may have to file a motion.
          He won't agree that's for sure unfortunately so I guess she's off to court. But back to my initial question. How does she serve him if she doesn't have an address?

Comment

How does she not know where he is?

You may need to look into special service if she can’t find him.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
              How does she not know where he is?

You may need to look into special service if she can’t find him.
              He won't tell her. She had a very limited relationship with her son but has always paid child support on time all the time. They are working on their relationship which is how she found out he wasn't in school. He didn't know support was being paid all this time for him.

Comment

Process serving firms/skip tracers could pull the address on his driver’s license.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinso View Post
                  Process serving firms/skip tracers could pull the address on his driver’s license.
                  That's a good idea. Thanks!
                  Thank you all for your input.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X