View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 12:12 PM

gettingexpensive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona6656 View Post
It's not the case here- with Mom2Two- but in general, I think it's actually a good thing to have the possibility of changing parenting time (custody and access) as children grow older.

Given your back story- I hope that your wife can get the help she needs- and your parents can have their mom in their life in a way that works for them...

I wish it wasn't through a court process- but I think having the ability to look at custody and access would be a good thing at least every 2-3 years.
I fully agree. I'd even like something generic in my agreement, no fixed days because if she's not doing well that day, I don't want the kids visiting her. They come back wrecked and I have to fix the damage. Ideally, I'd like to have a clause that says "no more than 40%" that way I still maintain control for when she goes downhill. It would allow the kids to see their mom a bit more on the weeks she is doing good.

One significant issue is that borderline mothers think that they are the best parent... and don't realize their negative behavior. There's also a book about it..
https://www.amazon.com/Understanding...=UTF8&qid=&sr=
Soooo much manipulation with them. They even manipulate the kids. And forget what they've done the next day so they expect you to forget as well. It's sad.

On the bright side I'm getting old which means that my kids are getting old as well.. in a few years they'll do what they want.