all things about appeals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all things about appeals

Hope everyone is good and had a nice holiday ....and a good new year...

I`m wondering about how the appeals process works..right now I`m looking at motions appeals...or general information on appealing .....forms and where and how its filed......I did some searching online here and didn't see much...if anyone has a link to a thread ...much appreciated.

Thanks

Start by looking through your Provincial Rules of Court. There will be a section on Appeals. Forms and steps to appeal are normally at the end of the Rules of Court.

I'm sure you are aware that an appeal deals with errors in law. You will likely have to go through some screening to have your issue decided in the Court of Appeal.

A recent Court of Appeals Ontario case you might find useful.

Patrick v. Taylor, 2013 ONSC 2971 (CanLII)
    Last edited by arabian; 12-29-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I should have said "Ontario Superior Court of Justice" not Court of Appeals Ontario.

Comment

Time is of the essence....

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
          Start by looking through your Provincial Rules of Court. There will be a section on Appeals. Forms and steps to appeal are normally at the end of the Rules of Court.

I'm sure you are aware that an appeal deals with errors in law. You will likely have to go through some screening to have your issue decided in the Court of Appeal.

A recent Court of Appeals Ontario case you might find useful.

Patrick v. Taylor, 2013 ONSC 2971 (CanLII)
          I`m not having much luck finding the Appeals area in the Provincial Rules of Court, if anyone here has appeals experience and can chime in ....much appreciated.

Comment

If you are looking for general information:

Court of Appeal for Ontario

Then go to "filing information and guides"
            Then go to "how to proceed with a Family Appeal"

Also simply type in Ontario Court of Appeal in your search engine and it will come up with plenty of selections.

Specifically what are you looking for?
            Last edited by arabian; 01-06-2014, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Arabian got you started... here's the more specific link you need:

Family Law Appeals

Before you get too far into it - take a look on CanLii and search for other appeals similar to yours - use keywords that match critical areas of your case.

CanLII - Ontario - Court of Appeal for Ontario

As Links mentioned - time is of the essence. If you are having difficulties just finding the information to get started- you may find that an appeal is above your abilities. May be worth an hour of a lawyer's time to first see if you have the grounds to appeal, and what to focus on to get this done quickly.

Comment

From what I can see he only has 15 days from date of motion to file his motion to get leave to appeal.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X