Interest piqued.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
    WO: Its not only offensive, its factually incorrect. I could give a lot of examples.

For example, those that take vows of chastity and yet get accused of sexual acts against children. Or people who choose never to get married and yet stay faithful in committed relationships for years and years. I have a lot of gay friends in the U.S. that couldn't get married and yet have very loving and committed long-term relationships.

There are a lot of no longer married, sexually active people on this forum. And to suggest that they're more inclined to rape, to have sex without love, to make bad decisions, to pass along bad values to their children is absolutely offensive. I certainly do not respect anyone making such a ridiculous generalization.
    I don't believe this was claimed to be fact... but one person's opinion.

Just say'in

Comment

I'm not at all upset. I come from a diverse family background...I'm used to hearing offensive generalizations. However, I'm not adverse to calling it out for what it is.

I also have no interest in changing this poster's opinion however it is factually incorrect and its offensive to those who he derides in his commentary. He's free to state his opinion...and I'm free to state mine. And I think that the poster's opinion of unmarried people is completely nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by AnarX View Post
        (4) Love Is A Battlefield
        Mike Patton disagrees and suggests that Love is A Fist:

Love is a Fist by Mr Bungle - YouTube

AnarX you should also realize that the Court of Justice, Superior Court of Justice and the Supreme Court of Canada operate on "ethics" and not "morals". So, most of your moral objection based on your "belief" is not a component of our system of law in Canada.

You are free to "believe" you want but, it is important to differentiate and partition your personal opinion and religious belief when presenting an argument before the courts.

You are free to "believe" what you want but, don't expect your system of personal beliefs to give you any "moral standing" with the court or members of this forum.

I have to also remind everyone to "please not focus on my genitalia" (Carmen Carrera):

Is America ready for this top model? - CNN.com Video

Carmen Carrera is my hero of the day today.

Transgender Model Carmen Carrera Responds To Victoria's Secret Petition

Family law is not bound by your moral definition of "family" AnarX. Always remember that. Not by your religious, spiritual, gender or other "beliefs".

Gender, religion, and sexual orientation doesn't define who someone is... I just simply disagree with your position. I can only hope that your "advice" isn't slanted by a belief structure not recognized by the system of law.

Good Luck!
        Tayken
        Last edited by Tayken; 02-07-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I'm normally a very tolerent and easygoing kind of guy.

But it bugs me when people throw around things like "the wages of sin is death" without the fuller context.

There is a but that immediately after that phrase. "But the gift of God is eternal life." Quoting one without the other is not being thruthful to the gospel.

Jesus also taught that "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone", meaning all have sinned. And from Romans, "there is none righteous, no not one".

If you look at the whole of the new testament, Jesus taught that love was the most important thing, and judging others was not the path to follow.

By Christians standards, we have all sinned, and surely we all continue to sin, in one way or another.

When I read what the OP wrote, I think of someone who wants to simplyfy religion. But it isn't that simple in my experience.

And yes, PH marriage was a thing for the rich and the wealthy for the most partup until the middle ages. It was a contract, and people who didn't have assets didn't bother so much. They may have called each other man and wife, but it wasn't necessarily formalized in a church.

Comment

When I read what the OP wrote, I think of someone who wants to simplyfy religion. But it isn't that simple in my experience.
            I read it as freakishly extremist. Everyone has a right to worship whatever religion they choose but if they make heinous statements about entire groups of people, expect to get called on your bigotry....at least by me.

I find it interesting how some forum members think that you're supposed to respect everyone's opinion when they make these types of inflammatory statements that are arbitrarily directed at a whole group of people.

Lets for instance say that I said something like...."I don't expect everyone to respect my opinion but I think that most men are likely to commit rape"...I'd very rightfully have most of the forum jumping down my throat, pointing the factual inconsistency of my argument and the immorality of my random intolerant judging of a group of people.

You can't group-think me into not pointing out bigotry when I see it. Religion is no excuse.

Comment

I don't really think he's talking about 'religion' actually.

There are some religious principals in there, but it is very different than what my understanding of the Koran is after having read it (many years ago).

I do have to admit - his explanation is somewhat cryptic, to the detriment of making his point.

I am not particularily well versed in theology, either. So maybe I'm way off.

But even if it is, hopefully he knows well enough to differentiate between fantasy and belief.

For example, I believe in the word of the bible - but it is not literal. They are ideas that are meant to be considered. Not accepted as strict fact.

That's my belief, anyways.

Just ask Bill Nye... the world IS older than 6000 years.
              Last edited by wretchedotis; 02-07-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
                Jesus also taught that "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone", meaning all have sinned. And from Romans, "there is none righteous, no not one".
                I thought it was "Blessed are the cheese makers"?

Life of Brian - Blessed are the cheesemakers - YouTube

Here is the full scene which is awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slbMe-aTY1A

"Lets go to a stoning!"

Good Luck!
                Tayken

Comment

I quite enjoy reading the OP opinion.

Basically my interpretation is:
                  Patience is a virtue --- who will argue this!

virgin represent in the old school the ability to control yourself and wait for the appropriate time. Everyone knows that when the hormones kicks in the adolescent, this is difficult to resist thus representing patience for the right time to happen.

Everyone knows there is adjustment to go through in a mariage, patience can help you to address these adjustment. It help you to think twice before reacting or saying thigns that you will regret later.

Patience is key when raising children, as you know they will test you in more than one way.

Off course when you separate, the familly unit lose and no matter what we say, raising children is easier when you are two united parent than disfunctional.

For example: losing your spouse when you are in a good relationship is like loosing part of yourself because it hurts so much and you will no longer be there for you to count on.

In separation, divorce, you may feel that it is best but that is because it was not functionnal in the first place. You still have to find a way of functionning and in High conflict process, you both prevent each other to move on and restablish the balance.

Not talking here about a disfunctionnal marriage but a functionnal one. Nobody can beat that ideal.

Love after going throug a separation may not be impossible but requires you to have gone through a process of acceptance of the previous failure and ability to restart fresh. In reality, that does not come as easy to everyone.

Anger, impatence, resentment, vengance normally contribute a factor to performing acts that you normally wouldn't do.

Every individual has a certain level of tolerance and various level of abilities to deal with difficult situation.

In separation, divorce where the emotionnal join is broken, people may react in way that you no longer recognize the individual and making the situation worst or intolerable. There is a lost that vary with each individual and different for each spouse. Each spouse goes through the denial and acceptance process but at different pace which creates additionnal difficulties. Some spouse might have start going through the process while still married while the other goes through shock and denial post separation.

Comment

Originally posted by iceberg View Post
                    Is it a sin to being an agnostic? Just curious.
                    Short answer. Yes. Long answer. No.

Comment

I'm slightly confused..

Is this about high conflict and low conflict persons being depicted as non virgins and virgins?

Comment

Okay then, from what I've read, this is my conclusion of what AnarX is saying:
                        Virgin = good
                        non-virgin = evil
                        Otherwise, ????????????

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X