No announcement yet.

Second Family Planning - Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a three page email sent to me personally from the ex wife at midnight the day the kids went back to her with news I was pregnant. For months afterwards she continued to try and engage me about my pregnancy and baby. I advised her repeatedly my baby/pregnancy was off limits. It did nothing.

The emails and comments continued. Escalated. She sent gifts for the baby yet of course she does not consider me a friend of any sort. In fact she curses me publicly and daily. I decided to have my baby in private. We did not discuss my due date. Ever. Not on FB. Not with anyone.

When baby was born dad picked up kids that afternoon (lucky for us he had access same day) and was able to introduce kids to their new sister. She never had a clue until they went back to her. I was grateful for the peace and quiet the day I gave birth. It wasn't over shadowed by her stupid and inappropriate comments.

Our baby is a spitting image of daddy. It is obvious to any and every one. Once mom came to a doc app and tried to engage me in a conversation about my baby's paternity.

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
      I got a three page email sent to me personally from the ex wife at midnight the day the kids went back to her with news I was pregnant. For months afterwards she continued to try and engage me about my pregnancy and baby. I advised her repeatedly my baby/pregnancy was off limits. It did nothing.

The emails and comments continued. Escalated. She sent gifts for the baby yet of course she does not consider me a friend of any sort. In fact she curses me publicly and daily. I decided to have my baby in private. We did not discuss my due date. Ever. Not on FB. Not with anyone.

When baby was born dad picked up kids that afternoon (lucky for us he had access same day) and was able to introduce kids to their new sister. She never had a clue until they went back to her. I was grateful for the peace and quiet the day I gave birth. It wasn't over shadowed by her stupid and inappropriate comments.

Our baby is a spitting image of daddy. It is obvious to any and every one. Once mom came to a doc app and tried to engage me in a conversation about my baby's paternity.
      That is where I am at. We don't plan for a pregnancy to happen immediately, as we would like to prepare our house first and do some savings. We don't plan to make this a very public thing. I am not a public person, heck we don't even have a lot of people over to our house, because I don't like to entertain or have people butting into my life. I don't expect her to be thrilled and I don't expect her to question me on anything, but if she does, my response will be the same as yours.

Comment

My husband's children adore the baby. In fact, they continuously ask me to have another. They take pictures of her with their electronic devices and truly cherish her. They also have a nickname for her and use it so much that she actually doesn't recognize her legal name lol

We have a large family - five kids now. There has never been a worry of kids being forgotten or feeling left out. The only notion of that is from the bitter ex wife.

I will be honest with you - it is difficult on us to go thru this day after day. Hubby in court just today to get a motion because mom again isn't playing nice and he isn't prepared to go without his holiday weekend 4th year in a row.

Chin up. Keep yourself focused on that baby to be.

Comment

I hope all goes well with the motion. I do try hard to keep the peace with Mom, as the only one it truly effects is the kids, but sometimes people are happy complaining and being unhappy.

Those kids will never be forgotten about, I do realize that there are times that kids are forgotten about when a new family/baby comes into play, but that truly will not happen with us. It will be a positive experience for the children, at least when they are at our place.

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
            Later in the evening he gets a text from the ex asking what he had surgery for. He didn't bother responding, as it wasn't a conversation he needed to have with her. But she kept going. Sent about a dozen more texts ranging in emotions. She stated she was able to put two and two together when her children told her that they couldn't sit on Daddy's lap.
            Okay, I know that this is not remotely the most important aspect of your situation (congratulations, by the way!) - but I am the only one who is a little creeped out by the thought of someone who still thinks she has a right to know what is going on with her ex's //testicles// five year after the relationship ended? Just the thought - eeewww.

Comment

Mom in our case is equally as interested/involved in dad's testes....

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                Okay, I know that this is not remotely the most important aspect of your situation (congratulations, by the way!) - but I am the only one who is a little creeped out by the thought of someone who still thinks she has a right to know what is going on with her ex's //testicles// five year after the relationship ended? Just the thought - eeewww.
                lol thanks... no you are not the only one creeped out... one would think after 5 years that they wouldn't care what the other parent does with their body, but then again, some people think they are entitled to know every little detail.

Comment

Please do not take this as offensive but as an observation.
                  So much energy is being spent on the "x". I would hit the ignore button. What you choose to do with your family or addition to your family or no addition to your family, buy a new house, take a trip, or gamble your money away is absolutely non of her business. It seems to me that these x's hold a lot of power and take up an incredible amount of energy.
                  You seem to focus and care so much about the children and correctly so, that is where the time and focus should be. I would not engage,discuss or even care about how she feels, reacts or tantrums. Who cares what her reaction is?
                  I totally cannot relate as an x. My x husband's new partner is free to love, sleep with and enjoy every second of her life with him. I wish her only good because I know the hell she must be living. Why would I care about what they plan, where they go and what they do??

Comment

Originally posted by momforever1956 View Post
                    I totally cannot relate as an x. My x husband's new partner is free to love, sleep with and enjoy every second of her life with him. I wish her only good because I know the hell she must be living. Why would I care about what they plan, where they go and what they do??
                    I feel the same about my ex's new wife. I wish nothing bad on her, but she's totally welcome to do whatever she wants with my ex. Better her than me!

Comment

... I'm still getting emails from ex's g/f (pretending to be ex of course). Used to upset me now I just laugh at it. So silly. If she'd learn to spell it wouldn't be so obvious. Yes, it's been 5 yrs since I kicked his ass to the wind. In my case it's the ex's g/f who can't seem to let go of things. I suspect she lives for the drama.

You guys are much better about these things than me. I wish this woman a lifetime of hot flashes, endless weight gain and facial hair. Haemorrhoids and bunions. I wish her all the happiness in the world in catering to my ex and having to deal with his sarcasm and mood swings. Almost forgot to say I wish her many CRA audits, dead car batteries when it's -45 and bad teeth. LOL

BF - hope you can enjoy this next stage of your life in relative peace.
                      Last edited by arabian; 04-29-2014, 12:37 AM. Reason: Forgot the bunions.

Comment

I so wish some of you guys were my partners x lol life would be simpler!

Comment

Momforever - it is easier said than done sometimes (to give the HC ex less attention). I know this all too well. When the ex is following you around, showing up at your door, sending emails, calling, honking their horn like a mad lady if she sees you in public, taking your picture when she sees you, engaging with your kids at your own home, etc. It is pretty hard to put her on ignore.

In fact, it is sometimes a full time job just to try and AVOID her!

Comment

Originally posted by Wyntermcd View Post
                            I so wish some of you guys were my partners x lol life would be simpler!
                            Nobody tells the truth, I am sure plenty of the people here presenting themselves as angels are much worse. The spectacular thing about the internet is that people basically can put on a show and you never know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                              ... I'm still getting emails from ex's g/f (pretending to be ex of course). Used to upset me now I just laugh at it. So silly. If she'd learn to spell it wouldn't be so obvious. Yes, it's been 5 yrs since I kicked his ass to the wind. In my case it's the ex's g/f who can't seem to let go of things. I suspect she lives for the drama.

You guys are much better about these things than me. I wish this woman a lifetime of hot flashes, endless weight gain and facial hair. Haemorrhoids and bunions. I wish her all the happiness in the world in catering to my ex and having to deal with his sarcasm and mood swings. Almost forgot to say I wish her many CRA audits, dead car batteries when it's -45 and bad teeth. LOL

BF - hope you can enjoy this next stage of your life in relative peace.

HaHaHa. Let the Truth be Told. most times most people hide the truth, but in the end they all think the same thing.

Comment

I will get blasted for this: but I don't wish bad things for the ex in our situation. I actually hope she finds peace - because then we might all live a little happier then. And the kiddies too. The ex in our situation has affected our whole family - my kids don't want to go places with us when my step children are with because she shows up and is inappropriate to everyone, everything and every situation....someone once told me: it's really hard to believe what she does to you (and our family). She said: it really is an unbelievable story...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X