• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We prefer " trailer trash".

Comment

• Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
      We prefer " trailer trash".
      see now that's a term I hate. My parents moved to a trailer due to mobility issues and downsizing. I know lots of good people that live in trailers (retired, seasonal campgrounds etc) That term seems to lump them all as bad people.

I know you didn't mean it like that though.

Comment

• In public or around D8, I refer to him as D8's father. In private, he's the crex (short for "crazy ex"). A couple of my friends have started referring to their difficult former spouses as crexes too, so maybe it's catching on...

I agree about not liking the term "trailer trash" - lots of quite decent people live in trailers for financial reasons.

Comment

• And so do all the other terminology. We need to call them ex or Mom or Dad not derogatory terms.

Ps I also lived in a trailer park, so I used the term to make a point. Its not good to call anyone anything other than their name or their title so either. Ex, Mom Dad etc. Not "ho"

Children have big ears and pick up on all sorts.

Comment

• Lucky for me, our son is in his twenties and probably knows worse "derogatories" than anythingI could ever dream up .... Though I agree that young children should never have to hear one parent drag the other's name in the dirt.

As tempting as it was at the time - I always had to remind myself that the douchebag was his beloved Dad and 50% of what created him.

Comment

• I think context matters a lot. I would never use the term "crex" anywhere near D8, and make a conscious effort to say positive things about her dad and stepmother (at one point when things were really acrimonious, I actually kept track in my agenda - every day I said something positive about him in front of D8, I gave myself a check mark so I could keep myself accountable, which I know sounds a little obsessive), but among close friends who know his antics, "crex" says it all, and keeps me from having to get into the nasty four-letter words.

Comment

• "Crex" is a good one.

We noticed we needed to be careful. I called my daughter by her first name and little big ears started doing the same! Took to it like duck to water. Took all day to get him to return to Mommy.

So we have to call the ex Dad, father etc so he does not repeat.

They are so quick to pick up things lol

Almost cannot wait till he learns to call Dad out. Wonder what term he would end up using. Except I would be old and probably not hear it! Lol

Comment

"Crex" is a good one.Lol
                  Is it just me, but ''Crex'' sounds like some all natural cereal? Have a bowl of Crex, it's the breakfast of champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Janibel View Post
                    Is it just me, but ''Crex'' sounds like some all natural cereal? Have a bowl of Crex, it's the breakfast of champions
                    HA! Janibel, you just made me snort out loud. Breakfast of champions indeed.

I prefer to think of new improved Crex as some kind of plumbing product - got problems with a backed-up toilet? A shot of Crex will cut right through that nasty stuff! Works for hairballs in the drain as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by stripes View Post
                      HA! Janibel, you just made me snort out loud. Breakfast of champions indeed.

I prefer to think of new improved Crex as some kind of plumbing product - got problems with a backed-up toilet? A shot of Crex will cut right through that nasty stuff! Works for hairballs in the drain as well!
                      Last year one of my pups had to go to the vet's, bad case of Crex!!!! poor little thing had to be put down .... (BTW sorry about where this thread is going ... just had a very happy day and need to lol!)

Comment

• Threads direction is ok. After all it was a discussion on how step dad have more tendency towards child abuse than anyone. That discussion is in itself disturbing. I think you could drive yourself insane trying to worry about what your ex is doing.

In my life I sometimes wonder how a relationship of just 18 months can have such an impact on our lives and foreseeable future.

My daughters ex's name is one that our family has several beloved members sharing the same name, so its hard. Name is always cropping up and reminding us of the problem. Hey thats a great name "The problem". Lol

Comment

• I call my kids hostages

Comment

Threads direction is ok. After all it was a discussion on how step dad have more tendency towards child abuse than anyone. That discussion is in itself disturbing. I think you could drive yourself insane trying to worry about what your ex is doing.

In my life I sometimes wonder how a relationship of just 18 months can have such an impact on our lives and foreseeable future.

My daughters ex's name is one that our family has several beloved members sharing the same name, so its hard. Name is always cropping up and reminding us of the problem. Hey thats a great name "The problem". Lol
                            I didn't worry enough.

On fathers day, my oldest daughter told me her step dad has been molesting her.

Comment

• That is the tragic thing tomhear for sure. But how could you have known. How could you have prevented it? You must just move forward and support her now.

I hope she is ok and safe bow.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdog View Post
                                I didn't worry enough.

On fathers day, my oldest daughter told me her step dad has been molesting her.
                                so what happened with the police charges?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X