X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costs Order by Gender

Quite the costs order

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/do...5onsc8045.html

I have been reading Canlii for years, and I have never seen a father get such generous terms for a costs order made against him. Have I missed one?

Originally posted by Janus View Post
    Quite the costs order

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/do...5onsc8045.html

I have been reading Canlii for years, and I have never seen a father get such generous terms for a costs order made against him. Have I missed one?

I read this as the mother is assessed costs but doesn't have to pay ever as there is specifically no enforcement so why bother? I guess when she dies her estate would have to pay.

Token costs award decision.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      I read this as the mother is assessed costs but doesn't have to pay ever as there is specifically no enforcement so why bother? I guess when she dies her estate would have to pay.

Token costs award decision.
      Some reading for Janus that has evolved since his last login:

CanLII - 2014 ONSC 915 (CanLII)

Cost Order:

CanLII - 2015 ONSC 3684 (CanLII)

THE HONOURABLE MR. JUSTICE PAZARATZ

[1] Is it “in the best interests of the child” that costs orders have teeth?

[2] Clearly, finances are unrelated to parenting skills. And where children are involved we often bend the rules to make sure the right thing happens.

[3] But how many times can an impecunious parent play the “inability to pay” card to flaunt the system?

[4] Who gets hurt when costs orders mean nothing?

[5] The “successful” parent?

[6] Our overburdened court system?

[7] The child?

[8] All of the above?

[9] These were some of the issues on this motion for security for costs in this high conflict custody/access file.
      Good Luck! (and welcome back...)
      Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X