No announcement yet.

kijiji lawyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be frank, I'm old and I don't know any lawyer in my age group that would post on kijiji. But I think the younger ones that do, are worthy of a phone call/interview. I certainly wouldn't preclude them because you have found them on kijiji.

Advertising and social media has changed - when we need staff now, we post on workopolis, etc. (the days of advertising in the paper newspaper are long gone).
    Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by piggybanktoex View Post
      You knock finding a woman (or man) on-line, but I'm thinking most of you met your ex off-line.....how did that work out? ; )
      I would marry a woman that I find online. It is just another means of introduction. Then I would start seeing her and see if she is the one and wise versa.

Same thing cannot be said for a lawyer as that is more complicated. On the other hand, some of the most knows companies advertize there.

Comment

This is what a friend did. She had a legal aid lawyer but she didn't expect much from the lawyer. But she contacted someone on kijiji for help with guiding her as that person had self rep'd herself for about five years in Family law and knew a lot. Once she got the info, and the kijiji person would draft the pleadings and charge around $40-$50 per hour . These would go to the legal aid lawyer who would then actually read the stuff and was prepared.

If you think you can represent yourself in court then this will be the cheapest way to go. Pay nominal fee for getting help from another person and go to court well prepared.

To each their own so I am not saying that this would work for you. I am just giving you options. Ofcourse you woud know whats best for you. Good luck!

Comment

My case can go either way. I dont fear self rep.All I need a creative thinking and throw a solid punch at the ex.

Some say its too much school missed regardless and others say with the condition of cancer and side effects it is normal that child missed school.

It is going to be who ever makes a better presentation...and the judges mood. But I am guessing that being in my position has more advantage

Comment

Hey now...nobody condones violence, and who do you think you are...Floyd Mayweather?

Originally posted by The Iceberg View Post
            My case can go either way. I dont fear self rep.All I need a creative thinking and throw a solid punch at the ex.

Some say its too much school missed regardless and others say with the condition of cancer and side effects it is normal that child missed school.

It is going to be who ever makes a better presentation...and the judges mood. But I am guessing that being in my position has more advantage

Comment

What makes me extremely angry is, when my ex has a BF, then she don't even care how much time the kid is with her, but when she gets used and left, she calls a few times per day (to talk to child) and fight for every day of custody with me.

Ad talking about Floyd....lol....she would kick her own ass and give me full custody for those $160M that he took home.

He is 48-0 and is 1 win away to reach rocky marciano's accomplishment.

Also i read next one will be his last fight. IDK why. maybe the rules...both rocky and him to stop at 49-0...

Comment

You should set up your boundaries and revert to email messages which are specifically regarding your child.

I recall some people on here have suggested that when they receive an email or message from ex they assess it: a) urgent and requires your immediate response - that would be severe illness/hospitalization and b) important but not urgent - you can get back to her the next day and c) stupid shit - you ignore.

Carrying on a day-in-day-out dialogue with your ex is simply co-dependent behaviour and no good for either of you. Yes you have a child with a serious medical condition but you have to keep your boundaries and not get sucked into each other's drama.

Ignore is a good thing.

Comment

What makes me extremely angry is,
                  Don't be an idiot and get angry. The fact you CARE what your ex does (and/or most other things outside of your control) shows you haven't figured out what's going on.

Comment

Oh I wish I could look for legal aid lawyer on kijiji now.

Legal aid appointed one to me again. if anyone wants some laughts I will write more details but this lawyer besides having no experience, has a severe English language barrier. This is something I never heard of before. "5 years" experience in India and several weeks in Canada. She forgot to leave me her phone number where I can reach her back when she left me a voice-mail. "Hi icberg, legal aid send apoint and I thinks you easy case..........

I swear Im going self rep if I don't get another one.

After I somehow explained that I will send a report to change, to remove her because I wanna search on my own, she said OK if you change you call me after 1 months to making draft...wtf???

She woud never fire me no matter what I say. I think Im her first and only client.
                    Last edited by The Iceberg; 05-06-2015, 12:08 PM. Reason: spell

Comment

LOL...this is absolutely ridiculous!!! Legal aid sucks!

Comment

Why don't you just call a few law firms and ask which family lawyers are currently accepting legal aid certificates?

Just make sure the one you hire has experience with family law (not criminal or injury ambulance chaser).

Comment

Originally posted by The Iceberg View Post
                          Oh I wish I could look for legal aid lawyer on kijiji now.

Legal aid appointed one to me again. if anyone wants some laughts I will write more details but this lawyer besides having no experience, has a severe English language barrier. This is something I never heard of before. "5 years" experience in India and several weeks in Canada. She forgot to leave me her phone number where I can reach her back when she left me a voice-mail. "Hi icberg, legal aid send apoint and I thinks you easy case..........

You no like me Englitch speak? Honestly by the sounds of it, you would be better off self-repping - I'm sure you could manage to do way better than her lol! Several weeks in Canada? how reassuring (not).

''I thinks you easy money ....."

Comment

Iceberg.....people don't just come to Canada and start working in a regulated profession. I don't know where you are getting this idea from, but you are way out to lunch if you think this is the case.

A temp SIN # that starts with a '9', is always a yellow flag for any job, let alone professional ones. As for people not speaking English the way you expect it.....well, am sure most born and bred Canadian in both official languages are in no position to speak really if dealing with Brits or France French speakers. I mean there are people here in this country that can barely speak considering being born in Canada.

It's not uncommon for bigots to see a visible minority, and before the person opens their mouth....they are being yelled at, and being leaned towards to convey something, only for the moron doing it realizing that the person can actually speak English better than them. I am sure you know what am speaking of....you might have seen it.

It's quite comical watching people do this due to the assumption that because a person looks different, they must have come from somewhere else where English / French is not spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                              Why don't you just call a few law firms and ask which family lawyers are currently accepting legal aid certificates?

Just make sure the one you hire has experience with family law (not criminal or injury ambulance chaser).
                              Thats what I did until they suddenly appointed one to me.

Comment

Originally posted by serendipitous View Post
                                Iceberg.....people don't just come to Canada and start working in a regulated profession. I don't know where you are getting this idea from, but you are way out to lunch if you think this is the case.

A temp SIN # that starts with a '9', is always a yellow flag for any job, let alone professional ones. As for people not speaking English the way you expect it.....well, am sure most born and bred Canadian in both official languages are in no position to speak really if dealing with Brits or France French speakers. I mean there are people here in this country that can barely speak considering being born in Canada.

It's not uncommon for bigots to see a visible minority, and before the person opens their mouth....they are being yelled at, and being leaned towards to convey something, only for the moron doing it realizing that the person can actually speak English better than them. I am sure you know what am speaking of....you might have seen it.

It's quite comical watching people do this due to the assumption that because a person looks different, they must have come from somewhere else where English / French is not spoken.
                                It has nothing to do with majority minority shit. I don't know how this so called lawyer became a lawyer in Canada because in my opinion no one will accept her. I doubt that they bring lawyers on working visa but this woman is older and although she somehow managed to pass law school she surely miserably fails in speaking English doing her job combo.

And its comical how some people jump in and conclude something has to do with looks, homeland, color, hair-color, eye-color etc. The fact is this person has no experience and no knowledge.

BTW, I am not born Canadian either and have been through a lot but why would I explain it to you?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X