X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imputting income..ex changed nursing license

Day of separation Sept 1 2018..day of marriage Sept 2013
    2 kids 7 and 5 in school full-time

I have kids Fri after school until Monday am (non prejudcie 60 40 split...but that's a different story)

Ex worked as a nurse until May 2016 at hospital. Did a short term stint at her parents factory in 2017 in the office. Also worked for my medical practice doing small odds and ends and relaying phone calls to me for telehealth until Sept 1 2018.

She has not worked since. To go back to patient care she may or may not need to do some refresher courses...or alternatively work in a non traditional setting as a nurse (wsib, odsp)

In a February 2019 affadavit she indicated that she would need to do some retraining...ten months later nothing. Every weekend is spent shopping and partying.

Nurses have to renew licence annually by Dec 31. On Dec 31 she downgraded her liscence to a non-practicing nurse. Basically she cannot be employed as a nurse now. This is reserved for nurses who are not and do not plan on practicing for 3 years (right on the college of nursing website). To work again as a nurse, she would have to be reinstated which is a process in itself.

It seems this was voluntary and has really affected her ability to work as an RN. Thoughts on how anyone would handle this or what to expect?

I would argue that the ex is voluntarily under employed given that their initial reasoning for a temporary downgrade was for training that (unless I missed something when I read the post) never occurred.

The act of voluntarily downgrading her classification is also telling. I would argue that you agreed to a temporary reduction so that she could update her qualifications. She failed to do so and has now downgraded her license. That she is intentionally under employed, as she failed to live up to her side by maintaining or increasing her qualifications.

Comment

Thabks for reply

She had an active RN that she renewed at end of 2018 (for 2019)...when working for me it was not much of any patient care..I would have encouraged her to seek retraining but now she really cannot

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X