Thread: Here we are
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 12:54 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Having had to go back to school (twice—I have three degrees) to get a good job, I know how important it is to know what you want to do and what jobs are in demand. Ive learned the trades is a great field to work in. Robotics for the win! If I had known that, I probably wouldn’t have done what I did but...hindsight!

If I had had kids, I would have contributed but not paid all of it. I firmly believe kids need to learn life lessons. So many parents don’t do their kids any favours by not teaching them about money, savings and good spending.

As for the RESP when divorced, your money is your money. Anything you open now is yours. Get the grant before your ex does. That money will go a long way. This was discussed at the motion in the fall. Anything from the marriage is shared if not bought out or dealt with. Anything after the date of separation is for your share. My partners ex was mostly mad that she didn’t get to know how much money we (yes I said we) had that she could claim should be used for education. Her attitude has always been “you have x dollars and have access to y dollars, therefore it should all go to the kids”. Im not responsible for his kids poor spending habits.