Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I respond? Vehicles ordered to be sold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StuckinAB View Post
    Thank you all.
    After last court appearance, 10 months ago, my husband seeing how much everything would cost CS, SS
    , selling cars, he started backtracking and started talking about getting a smaller house together. We put the house on the market bc we could not afford it married or not.
    Now that he got this DUI 3 weeks ago, and got rid of his, he wants to get rid of mine.

Now my concern is that If, I don't get these orders to MEP there will be no assets left to put liens on .
    See here ...thanks

Comment

He sold his car first like he was ordered and now according to this order your car now gets sold.

What happened with your slam dunk mobility case where you were so sure you could move the kids out of the country?

Comment

You are really talking in circles... you want him to follow the order but you’re trying to prevent him from doing so... the order stated his car got sold, he did that and then your car got sold. But you’re trying to prevent that because you want him to retain an asset you can put a lien on. That’s not what the order states. Seeing as you admitted the car is all in his name if I were him and you were being this difficult I would simply take the car back and sell it without you. Remember, you may be entitled to the value of the asset but it doesn’t mean you’re entitled to the physical asset.

Why are you preventing the sale of the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
          You are really talking in circles....

Why are you preventing the sale of the car?

Thank god its not just me.

You have an order for the sale of the cars. You are breaching the order.

Quick math lesson—if you have an asset but the asset has no value its no longer an asset therefore you cannot put a lien against it. Meaning—just because a car is valued at 40 grand doesn’t mean it is that much. If he owes 35 grand on it its only worth 5 grand.

None of the other stuff you say make sense...you have an order for cs but MEP won’t enforce it. You are going to take the order to MEP to enforce it but you just said they won’t enforce it.

Like I said, time to put on your big girl pants and stop playing dumb. The court document would have had all the financial info including what is owed on the cars. Read it. You want support? You don’t get it while he is paying your bills.

Lose the “Im just a poor stay at home mom who knows nothing” attitude. You CHOSE to be a kept woman. You were COMPLACENT in this decision and now you have to learn to live without it. If you can’t go find some other rich sucker who will give you what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
            What happened with your slam dunk mobility case where you were so sure you could move the kids out of the country?
            I also told her in the previous thread that her house was going to be ordered sold, but she didn't believe me. She had this wonky idea that her ex would give her the house because somehow it would save him money.

Originally posted by StuckinAB
            I can't sell the car bc it in his name.
            Give him the car, and let him sell it. I'm not understanding the issue here?

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
              Thank god its not just me.

You have an order for the sale of the cars. You are breaching the order.

Quick math lesson—if you have an asset but the asset has no value its no longer an asset therefore you cannot put a lien against it. Meaning—just because a car is valued at 40 grand doesn’t mean it is that much. If he owes 35 grand on it its only worth 5 grand.

None of the other stuff you say make sense...you have an order for cs but MEP won’t enforce it. You are going to take the order to MEP to enforce it but you just said they won’t enforce it.

Like I said, time to put on your big girl pants and stop playing dumb. The court document would have had all the financial info including what is owed on the cars. Read it. You want support? You don’t get it while he is paying your bills.

Lose the “Im just a poor stay at home mom who knows nothing” attitude. You CHOSE to be a kept woman. You were COMPLACENT in this decision and now you have to learn to live without it. If you can’t go find some other rich sucker who will give you what you want.
              Jealous much? I think you are taking care of a deadbeat and helping to pay his child support ...correct?

Comment

Jealous much? I think you are taking care of a deadbeat and helping to pay his child support ...correct?

Nope. He pays his bills and I pay mine. I could never stay home and be a kept woman. I have too many brain cells and double the self respect to do so. Nice how that plan has worked out for you. Bet you will be so proud when your car and house are repossessed.

Oh and I bought my own luxury car, condo and toys with my own money that I earned through hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                  Nope. He pays his bills and I pay mine. I could never stay home and be a kept woman. I have too many brain cells and double the self respect to do so. Nice how that plan has worked out for you. Bet you will be so proud when your car and house are repossessed.

Oh and I bought my own luxury car, condo and toys with my own money that I earned through hard work.

Ok mule

Comment

you are so far off base with your comment. No one here is jealous of you in the least little bit.

Comment

You know it says a lot about someone with responses like this... you are expecting your husband to take care of you but if rockscan takes care of her husband that makes him a deadbeat? That must mean you’re a deadbeat too right?

Sorry you don’t like hearing the truth but you’re expecting to have your cake and eat it too... you are the one who is not following the order by not giving him the car to sell. Things haven’t planned out like you hoped, but such is life. Quit stalling the process and get on with your life. Have enough respect for yourself and move on

Comment

Why are u angry at my expectations. I asked a simple question about the interpretation of the order on VEHICLES and some posters keep focusing on my spousal support entitlement.

Comment

Why are u angry at my expectations. I asked a simple question about the interpretation of the order on VEHICLES and some posters keep focusing on my spousal support entitlement.

But you’re avoiding the question that has been asked over and over... why are you not allowing him to sell the vehicle?

Comment

Read the first post about how the car was supposed to be sold

Comment

Read the first post about how the car was supposed to be sold

I did and here I’ll post it here for you to see as well...

You stated that if he chose to sell the cars he had to do the following,

Sell his car first - he did this and just broke even

Transfer any equity to your car - there was no equity so nothing to transfer

Sell your car - you won’t allow him

Transfer any equity from your car to you - he can’t because you won’t let him sell the car

So why don’t you explain which of the steps above are incorrect?

Comment

Thank you!!
                                Last edited by StuckinAB; 07-28-2019, 01:51 PM. Reason: Edits

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X