No announcement yet.

SC's, Motions and Trial's.. Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My partners lawyer told us about a case on parental alienation where the teen ended up killing himself after being ordered back to his father. Lawyer said judges are super careful now about making such a bold decision especially with emotionally unstable ages. Which might be a factor.

Some kids never see what their parents have done. My brother is mid 30's and he still agrees with my mothers actions. Not that my father was right and he should have a relationship with him--that my mother was justified in alienating us. You can have all the judgements in the world but when a split happens at a specific time in a childs life, they dont always have the emotional fortitude to comprehend the legal aspect of it. Kids are like little machines that are programmed to behave a certain way. You try to reformat and they are liable to crash. Judges have to consider this.

I agree though that there needs to be better punishments outside of reversing custody though. But again, people get away with murder...

Comment

• Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      My partners lawyer told us about a case on parental alienation where the teen ended up killing himself after being ordered back to his father. Lawyer said judges are super careful now about making such a bold decision especially with emotionally unstable ages. Which might be a factor.

Some kids never see what their parents have done. My brother is mid 30's and he still agrees with my mothers actions. Not that my father was right and he should have a relationship with him--that my mother was justified in alienating us. You can have all the judgments in the world but when a split happens at a specific time in a child's life, they don't always have the emotional fortitude to comprehend the legal aspect of it. Kids are like little machines that are programmed to behave a certain way. You try to reformat and they are liable to crash. Judges have to consider this.

I agree though that there needs to be better punishments outside of reversing custody though. But again, people get away with murder...
      Totally agree. I understand the judges decision and when you read it you can so tell he didn't want custody to go the way it went. In the end it was the correct decision.

But wow .. it really opened up my eyes to the fact that abduction, false allegations, alienation, etc ... does get custody sometimes. Which was the mom's ultimate goal from the outset. Perhaps this encourages dad's to start abducting, making false allegations and hiding first ... to get custody. Not good behavior .. but it seems to work

In contrast to some other poster's thoughts, this is where the system becomes broken, regardless of how it's used .. IMO.

Keep in mind Im not saying the mom should be punished or persecuted per se .. as that may not benefit the child. I'm not sure what needs to be done. All I know is that something does!!

This father had done nothing to lose his right to be a father .. but more importantly, the CHILD has done nothing wrong to lose her right's to HAVE a father. (The latter emphasized!!)

The mother on the other hand has done everything to destroy the relationship and wins all.
      Last edited by LovingFather32; 06-03-2015, 11:03 AM. Reason: (addition)

Comment

• This is a whole other discussion for a whole other thread...

As a non divorced non parent I see the flaws. As a policy person I see the flaws and the complications with fixing said flaws. As a "child of divorce" I lived the flaws.

Theres no perfect answer. Until the human race follows laws, lives a moral life, shows compassion for others, its going to be this way. Sadly. In my view, its the people who feel they can live above the law who are clogging the system and complicating the process. And that includes everyone--access deniers, support avoiders, abusers, kidnappers, liars, etc. There are divorced people out there who work together and are reasonable, whats in their moral code that makes that happen?

Oh and as the lawyer said "canlii is only a small portion of select cases. There are MANY stories you will never hear."

Comment

• I suspect that in cases which take many years to sort of custody through court, the judges see that the children are doing ok and are reluctant to make radical changes. I really feel that custodial parents count on this and merely try to drag things out with the confidence that judges don't want to upset children.

Comment

• Or until their kids are old enough "to have a say".

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X