This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Types of Negligence Torts

I've been googling about to find out the different types of Negligence torts in Ontario; so far, I haven't found any. Could someone help me out here?

Originally posted by scott View Post
    I've been googling about to find out the different types of Negligence torts in Ontario; so far, I haven't found any. Could someone help me out here?
    Going throu mountain of books in course of my ordeal I came across this material

4th Annual Family Law Summit
    June 10 and 11, 2010
    SKU 10-00506

TAB 4 - Tort Claims in family Law - The Frontier.

you can get it from library using inter-library loan
    or if you have monney buy whole thing here

You will learn about:
    Day 1
    Family Law Rules Update
    Amending pleadings and adding third parties
    Child support in shared parenting situations
    Tort claims in Family Law - expanding frontier?
    Update on income analysis
    Domestic contracts
    Limited scope retainers
    The family home

Day 2
    Hague Convention on abduction
    Awaiting the new era in pension division - bill 133
    Bill 133 - custody and access issues
    Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada update
    Child protection issues
    Spousal support: all guidelines, all the time
    The hard questions of spousal support
    PS:
    I still have a book but have to bring it back to library

Comment

Er.. I just wanted to know atleast 2 types of Negligence torts.. it's part of my final lesson in this Introduction to Law course (so close to finishing this dang thing). It asked me to find 2 types of Intentional Torts, that was easy, there

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
        Going throu mountain of books in course of my ordeal I came across this material

June 10 and 11, 2010
        SKU 10-00506

TAB 4 - Tort Claims in family Law - The Frontier.

you can get it from library using inter-library loan
        or if you have monney buy whole thing here

PS:
        I still have a book but have to bring it back to library
        Er.. I just need to know the names of 2 different types of Negligence Torts.. it's the last lesson in this high school law course. If no one knows atleast 2 types, I'll just leave it blank, maybe put in a "could not find"; it's not worth taking an inter library loan out when I'm this close to finishing it. I found -4- types of Intentional Torts:

1- Assault
        2- Battery
        3- Medical Battery
        4- False imprisonment

They were easy to find in the text book. The text book just has this thing about hiding (or just not including) certain information. But then, what can you expect from a book that asks me to explain what is meant by "litigation of losses" (they meant mitigation of damages -.-). Usually google saves the day, but not this time.

Comment

It may be just me but I got feeling that you are little bit lazy

Comment

how about .....

product liability or
            occupiers' liability or
            vicarious liability

Comment

what about this one

At common law, alienation of affections is a tort action brought by a deserted spouse against a third party alleged to be responsible for the failure of the marriage. The defendant in an alienation of affections suit is typically an adulterous spouse's lover, although family members, counselors and therapists or clergy members who have advised a spouse to seek divorce have also been sued for alienation of affections.

I like that one.

Comment

It may be just me but I got feeling that you are little bit lazy
                Am not, laugh :-).

Comment

Originally posted by KeepSmiling View Post
                  how about .....

product liability or
                  occupiers' liability or
                  vicarious liability
                  Thanks so much KeepSmiling. The text mentioned both occupiers' liability and vicarious liability, but they never said that either was a form of unintentional tort (dang disorganized textbook -.-). Come to think of it, they never made it fully clear that some words they mentioned were intentional torts, but because I've actually heard of that type in the past, I was able to guess what words qualified. And while the text danced around with the concept of "manufacturers having to meet a standard of care" by meeting "four criteria" and dutifully listing said criteria, they never even mentioned product liability. They mentioned a "concept of manufacturer liability" and left it at that. Are product liability and manufacturer liability just different ways of saying the same thing?

Comment

what about this one

At common law, alienation of affections is a tort action brought by a deserted spouse against a third party alleged to be responsible for the failure of the marriage. The defendant in an alienation of affections suit is typically an adulterous spouse's lover, although family members, counselors and therapists or clergy members who have advised a spouse to seek divorce have also been sued for alienation of affections.

I like that one.
                    Laugh :-). They certainly never mentioned -that- one in the textbook :-p. Well, if slander or libel were involved, I'd think it's fair game anyway...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X