No announcement yet.

Bone China and other things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arabian - check out rapidsell. It's an online auction - generally used for estate sales from what I've seen.

Also, check out local auctions.....if it's collectable stuff, you'll likely get more through the auctions.

Comment

Thanks MSMom - good ideas. I think there is an auction place not too far from where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
        A "blinkandimgone" tailgate party - how smart of you!
        My tailgaters are ALWAYS good

Comment

ARABIAN, I personally have used and sold about $15,000 worth of tools, odds, furniture, etc. mid to late 2010 just prior to our most significant and important date in my short life and I believe it is called, "date of Separation!"

as the other posters said you get to first chat about your items, some may just say I am coming over! What you can think of as the initial email as a interview if you would even let them know where your door is. If there is really genuine interest, intelligent questions - this often is a good indicator for a good, "reasonably safe" interaction.

Alone and genially not comfortable - on the main street in my city there is a business that will take and list your item, arrange the shipping and packing for a fee paid by the buyer. This became popular with ebay transactions. Will work for kijiji as well. last but not least again not far is a place called youbidlocal.ca (they are located in many cities) and you guessed it - they offer a preview slot for people to go inspect, bidding starts Monday and goes to Sat afternoon here - key is you never see the buyer and I know there is a buyer premium, not sure of the seller.

Now just remember to not have your significant other be the banker, make the transfer as promised - just into the wrong account - in my case hers!!!! (and you will be all set).

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X