11 year old dead, father charged with first degree murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janus View Post
    The only problem is that he died of a self-inflicted wound, which means he intended to die.
    True but while on the run? If it was murder/suiside you would have thought he would have wanted to die with her. But I’m clearly speculating here.
    Last edited by kate331; 02-21-2019, 01:02 AM. Reason: Sp

Comment

guy is a piece of shit.... hope he wasn't a contributor on here

we get some real weirdos though ... women haters.. makes one wonder

Comment

this was heartbreaking. I even feel more bad because I had mentioned it in an email I was sending to the school about something else joking about it being loud and allowing me to sleep after it was cancelled ... the message they sent read child been found... for me to only found next day that child found doesn't necessarily mean child found alive.

I completely understand the fathers frustration and do hold the court system somewhat accountable, but absolutely think the father took it too far.. why in your right mind would you kill your own kid? How can you even live a normal life after something like that?

definitely a wake up call to the courts to be more speedy in courts and less restrictive against fathers... escalations dont ever turn out well in custody disputes..

sucks because of the name it puts on dads..gives the courts another reason to heavily discriminate and stereotype fathers.. sigh..

rest in peace beautiful child.
        Last edited by tunnelight; 02-21-2019, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Such a shame he died. Would have been justice for him to have had to face the consequences of what he had done here in the realm of the living

Comment

no excuse IMO for person who fathered this child.

Pretty sad that this fuck will suck up taxpayers money with legal defense for years to come ...

tragic beyond comprehensio

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
              Pretty sad that this fuck will suck up taxpayers money with legal defense for years to come ...
              He died Wednesday night so you don't have to worry about the money.

I haven't seen any articles that commented on the family's background or the mental health or state of the father so won't speculate on motives, reasons, prevention, etc. Either way, two people are now dead that shouldn't be.

A double tragedy.

Comment

Originally posted by ifonlyihadknown View Post
                I haven't seen any articles that commented on the family's background or the mental health or state of the father so won't speculate on motives, reasons, prevention, etc. Either way, two people are now dead that shouldn't be.
                My family belongs to the same community as the mom and dad's family. And this community is small. Everyone knows everyone else. My cousins are friends with the mom's sister....it was an abusive relationship. Everyone knew it.

This is where family law continues to fail women and children- and men too- when they're in an abusive relationship. Women and kids flee an abusive situation. There are protections in place for the women- but the kids? People on this board say "well he can be an asshole and abusive to you...but you know- that doesn't mean he's not a good dad". Yes it does. Should kids have maximum contact possible with both parents? In a normal situation- yes. But in cases of proven domestic violence. No.

You take a man who is controlling a woman through violence. Then you remove her from the situation- but still send her child there for visits. The man can't control the woman anymore. Loses his shit- and seeks control the only way he can- by using the child. This totally could apply in the reverse situation too. I have a friend who's husband was in the same situation with his ex. She was abusive and he left- he's fighting an uphill battle to get access and custody of his son. Both my friend and her husband have strong suspicions that the ex is now abusing her 5 year old son. They've reported it to CAS. It's such a shit situation.

The family courts keep failing to take into account/downplaying the impact of domestic violence on children.

I see countless people posting about this all over social media asking how a father can do this to his child? This is how.

And now this POS of shit is dead- and any questions, or any information that may have helped prevent this from happening again- is dead with him.

Comment

Originally posted by tunnelight View Post
                  I completely understand the fathers frustration and do hold the court system somewhat accountable, but absolutely think the father took it too far.. why in your right mind would you kill your own kid? How can you even live a normal life after something like that?
                  Yeah- I hold the court system accountable too. But not because they caused the "poor frustrated" dad to do something horrifying...because of exactly what stillbreathing said above. She is 100% right.

Originally posted by Stillbreathing View Post
                  The tragic thing is that domestic homicide is the most preventable homicide there is.
                  Originally posted by tunnelight View Post
                  definitely a wake up call to the courts to be more speedy in courts and less restrictive against fathers... escalations dont ever turn out well in custody disputes..

sucks because of the name it puts on dads..gives the courts another reason to heavily discriminate and stereotype fathers.. sigh..

rest in peace beautiful child.
                  LESS restrictive? Really...you think less restrictive is the way to go here? I mean- look, we have to wait for the details to come out. This was a case mired in domestic violence and abuse...but I know that from second hand knowledge. But where it is *known*- and one parent can provide actual proof that the other is violent, or can be violent, where there are high risk indicators present- again- see StillBreathing's post. Less restrictive is not the way to go. Father's rights v. children's safety? hmmm...hmmm....which one should come first? let's think about that.

The one thing I will agree with you on is that there needs to be something to address the speed of these situations. Restrictions need to be put in place- IF necessary- quickly.

Comment

what's your definition of proof ?
                    Last edited by tunnelight; 03-02-2019, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
                      Father's rights v. children's safety? hmmm...hmmm....which one should come first? let's think about that.
                      I was not referring to cases where abuse is proven and access is supervised. You see, not all women are honest. Some fabcricate false allegations of abuse to deny access and create unfair status quo's. So it would be unfair in those cases to prioritize women's rights disguised as children's safety.

How are we so sure the father wasn't completely normal and just went crazy after being denied access because of false allegations of abuse? Plus hefty child support and legal fees? Maybe he lost or was losing his case because he was the father, and so he sought revenge?

How do we even know for sure there was domestic violence in this case?

Comment

Everyone needs to remember there are horrible parents all over. Mental health is the issue, not gender.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...kles-1.5040176

Comment

Thanks Tayken. They're always too quick to jump on the violence against women / domestic violence bandwagon crap. It's become such a routine/standard allegation and I see it thrown out ALL the time. Hilariously enough, take a look at what I saw in your article you posted.

"I was lost in life at 18," said the woman. "At 20, I got pregnant with my daughter ... her father was emotionally abusive."
                          Mother alleged father is abusive. Quick!!!! - Bring in all of the restrictions against the father!! Father's rights vs. Child Safety!!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X