Exclusive possession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclusive possession

Has anyone had success filing a motion? I can't let my kids live like this anymore. They see me sleeping on the couch, not eating, hanging my clothes on a banister. He emails me a dozen time a day demanding to be told when we'll leave the house so he can gather his stuff, even though I go out regularly. He's blackmailing me. He's using who knows what drugs up there. He's stopped paying all three bills he was paying. He turns the air conditioning on full blast when it's 11C out at night and I'm freezing in the living room. My kids keep asking when he's leaving because we're all tiptoeing around and afraid to go upstairs.

I am afraid to file because from the time he's served until there's a decision, he will be living under our roof. I'm scared for my kids and I'm scared for myself.

Hi,

To be honest everything you described will not give you exclusive possession. A lawyer may attempt to ask for it but unless there is a DV charge, it unlikely. Going through litigation in the same house is hell, so I feel for you. I would not attempt that to make him even more crazy imho. Try your best to disengage. Dont even read the emails.

Comment

OMG I want to curl into a ball and die

Comment

Is it possible to leave the house all day and return at night?
        Has he been violent or destructive? If not ignore him! If he does get a protection order.

You need counseling, read some divorce books, or find a support group. If you focus all upon energy in getting him out you will continue to deteriorate mentally because it takes time. Your children are watching YOU and how you deal with this. Focus on them!!

Comment

Originally posted by StuckinAB View Post
          Is it possible to leave the house all day and return at night?
          Has he been violent or destructive? If not ignore him! If he does get a protection order.

You need counseling, read some divorce books, or find a support group. If you focus all upon energy in getting him out you will continue to deteriorate mentally because it takes time. Your children are watching YOU and how you deal with this. Focus on them!!
          that is really good advice. She needs to disengage from him, dont communicate with him for the most part and grow a thicker skin. If it is so hard living there then she needs to look at places she and her kids can move to. I know if I had kids at home and was scared for their safety, they would not be there.

He knows what buttons to push to get a reaction. She has to stop reacting to him and focus on getting things settled.

Comment

I don’t know if anyone in your life has given you any tough love. But you kind of seem like you need it.

Get your children and yourself out of that house. Move. Put your house up for sale. Sell it. Put the proceeds in trust. Offer your ex something - cause he is going to get something. Sometimes in life we make bad decisions. When it comes to marriage, your bad decision is going to cost you. Start working on accepting it. Put on your big girl panties and find a solution. You seem like you’ve started with the job. And the mortgage payments, etc. But it also seems like you’re fighting for a house- at the expense of your sanity and your kids safety.

Comment

You must first understand that being a women does not automatically entitle you to exclusive possession of the matrimonial home - the same way that it does not automatically entitle you to sole custody, supervise access, imputed income, etc.

Those days of women coming out on top in family courts and getting whatever they wanted just because they are women are long gone.

We are a civilized society and we have laws. Laws that entitle both spouses to the home, and laws that entitle the children to both parents. and finally, laws that keep both parents responsible for child support obligations.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
                and your kids safety.
                For any mother that may be reading this, please don't assume such a fear is a valid reason to remove your kids from their father and deny access. This poster in particular had many allegations of abuse against the father of her children, and put them through supervised access with their very own father knowing he was never a danger to them in the first place and that she was going to give him lots of parenting time on consent anyways. Which she eventually did.

Always love your children more than you hate your ex. I know this case, the children aren't biological kids, but don't want any moms out there picking up the wrong vibe and gaming the system putting their kids through hell and back after a separation.

Comment

Successfuljourney you also need to reslize that there are women and children in danger. I gather you went through hell with your ex; it should not have happened.

Take a step back and accept that not every ex wife is yours. Could you stop attacking these women and take note that yes, there are horrible abusive men out there that women and children need protection from. Stop bashing them because of your experience.

Comment

Please be a bit more self-aware before spouting off MRA mysognists crap about all women. The OP and her husband have owend the house together for four months. And he is an a abusive cokehead. Read the room before you come in here pretending to know everything.

OP, you are incredibly stressed which can lead to you making very bad decisions. You need to lower your stress by taking small, immediate steps. You don’t need to get constant email notifications stressing you out. Take the kids to your mothers for the day, but pack for two days (can you stay until Tuesday when the kids go off to school and you start work -pack for that just in case) Go out and get a new phone and new phone number (you don’t need anything fancy, just to get you through the next few months). Give the new number to anyone important, but don’t cancel the old number and don’t give the new number to your ex. Do the same with email. You can check the old phone for emails, txts, and phone calls ONCE a day. No more. Even better if you have someone you trust do that for you and pass on only the relevant messages. Your ex gets ONE message. “I am out of the house now. Please move out as your promised. I am unavailable for the next day and can not respond to messages or phone calls.” Use the other phone for everything else. Probably when things have calmed down you will be able to go back to your original phone number/email.

You really need to centre yourself and stop this adrenaline coursing through your body. Divorce is a big Apple and you can only eat it all by taking one bite at a time. You are trying to shove the whole thing in your mouth at once.

Comment

Originally posted by tilt View Post
                      he is an a abusive cokehead..
                      Would you like to point me to where he beats up the wife every day? And how he throws the children down the stairs all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by cranberry View Post
                        Successfuljourney you also need to reslize that there are women and children in danger. I gather you went through hell with your ex; it should not have happened.

Take a step back and accept that not every ex wife is yours. Could you stop attacking these women and take note that yes, there are horrible abusive men out there that women and children need protection from. Stop bashing them because of your experience.
                        Women of these characteristics are the same for the most part. If a women was in true danger, she would be leaving the house immediately and calling the cops. Not ranting off online for 2 months.

I suspect now she is going to do just that, and make the infamous case of "I left the home and called the cops - I am therefore a victim of domestic violence".. "oh.. and my kids are therefore in danger also."

Oh m'amm... why did you stay in the house for so long then?
                        Oh... uhm... I wanted sole exclusive position of the house. I'm actually still in the house and filing a summary judgement motion for that. Would you mind looking over my affidavit?

Monsters are created out of man way too more often than even close to necessary. Hear it and see it all the time.

Will never forgot the kind man who had to see all his 3 kids in supervised access as a final order because of what his ex did to them. Great father. Feel really sorry for those kids till this day. While in there, one of the kids ball went over the fence, he jumped over to bring it back... right away they pulled all the kids in and called the cops to make a report... all because the kind father just wanted to get the kids their ball back....

Comment

successful journey

I have reported you to the monitors.

Yet again, your posts are over-the-top and offensive.

Perhaps find a gardening forum (like you used to frequent) for a change.

Go away.

Comment

Originally posted by sucessfuljourney View Post
                            For any mother that may be reading this, please don't assume such a fear is a valid reason to remove your kids from their father and deny access. This poster in particular had many allegations of abuse against the father of her children, and put them through supervised access with their very own father knowing he was never a danger to them in the first place and that she was going to give him lots of parenting time on consent anyways. Which she eventually did.

Always love your children more than you hate your ex. I know this case, the children aren't biological kids, but don't want any moms out there picking up the wrong vibe and gaming the system putting their kids through hell and back after a separation.

This man is not their father. He is her second husband and has little to do with the kids.

He moved into her home with her and then started acting erratically. He is holding her hostage in her own house. She has never claimed domestic violence, she has said that living in a house with someone who has manic episodes that target her is difficult. Added to that is the fact he stopped carrying his weight financially.

Read the history before you go spouting off on your tangents.

Comment

You obviously have no clue about abuse, of any kind. I am sorry you were put through hell. It does not give you the right to assume anything as to what this poster lives on a daily basis. No, it is not a simple pack up and leave for abused people if any kind. Stop projecting your situation on to others. You are showing your true colours and quite frankly, your ignorance towards abusive situations.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X