Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been so busy that my house tidying has taken somewhat of a back seat. It is nice that nobody is nagging me about it.

LET ME BE CLEAR...it's nothing like the pictures I posted when my ex left. You can still see the floors and the counters. I just have some dirty laundry piles, dishes in the sink and hockey equipment in places it probably shouldn't be. With me reffing, playing, and coaching hockey and both my kids now in hockey the amount of equipment is really piling up. My ex won't take the hockey equipment since I'm my kids coach and have to go to the games.

Again nobody nagging me about it is very nice.

Comment

FB: I think your ex was a borderline hoarder.

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
        Mine was a total SLOB, I had to pick up after him like a three year old. Having a clean, decluttered home is one of the many perks of being separated. They say that women let their looks go once they are married ... my ex turned into Oscar the Groutch!
        How does that saying go: How can I be your Lover when I'm too busy being your Mother?

On the other hand, I thought my house would be much neater after my ex left too, but I find that the kids just make up the difference.

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
        Compare it to theft.

Some people steal to eat
        Some people steal to get rich

However

Who would say that the necessity of having an affair is equivalent to the necessity of having a meal?
        My ex would say that sex was as essential to him as breathing. Too bad about my high risk pregnancy and the doctor's instructions to abstain.

Originally posted by oink View Post
        Some women do indeed let their looks go, no doubt about that, they figured "they are married now, why should they shave or pretty up". Then when they are back to dating, all of a sudden they can pretty up again
        That's one perspective, but I'd say it's more the opposite. Women are judged extremely harshly on their appearance, and have to do all this extra work just to be considered acceptable. So when a woman marries, she assumes that the man who loves her is not so judgmental and accepts her for who she is, not what she looks like. Divorcing and dating again just makes the woman have to go through all the work again to get a guy to look at her long enough to get to know her. Women don't let their looks go so much as revert to their true looks.

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
        On the rare occasion, we'd actually discuss our growing pile of issues and I'd bring it up...he would simply tell me that he didn't feel it was his responsibility. He theory was that since he didn't care about whether the house was clean and I did that it was my problem.
        I went through similar issues. Whenever I'd mention anything, hoping he would start to pull his own weight or at least not make additional work for me, he'd tell me I should lower my standards. When I was in crunch time for school, he'd tell me I brought this on myself and maybe I shouldn't keep studying. It wasn't until after his cheating though that I realized how unsupportive of me and how self-absorbed he really was in a great variety of ways. I had always put it down to just the sort of thing you look beyond when you love the rest of the person.

Comment

I drink beer, never run, can't even fit through the driver's side window of my stock car.

Do I care?....No

Do others care?....I don't give a f*** if they do or not.

Comment

Originally posted by firhill View Post
            I drink beer, never run, can't even fit through the driver's side window of my stock car.

Do I care?....No

Exactly! People have to stop letting society decide what they should look like. 4 years ago I was 15lb lighter, fit into smaller clothing and some may say looked better. However 4 years ago I was a student and had time. I now work over 50 hours a week, when I come home I attend to the house and kids when they are here and do more paperwork late at night. Am I happy that I gained the 15lbs? Not exactly, but you know what, I think I look good, my partner appreciates me and I have learned to love myself no matter my size.

Do I wish I had that super model body? Not a chance, working hard and eating ice cream with my step children is far more important to me then spending time at the gym.

Comment

Do I care?....No

You go Firhill!!!

Nothing better than a kind, modest man that likes and respects women. That's what's truly important. There's nothing more unattractive to women than a know-it-all man who's full of himself and spends half the time bragging about himself over dinner. Trust me, women sit around talking about those types and laughing at what dbags they are.

I think though when you meet the right woman, they'll probably gentle encourage (ie. nag you) to take care of yourself and help you by cooking and exercising with you because when a woman loves a guy, she wants him around for a long time.

Comment

Exactly! People have to stop letting society decide what they should look like. 4 years ago I was 15lb lighter, fit into smaller clothing and some may say looked better. However 4 years ago I was a student and had time. I now work over 50 hours a week, when I come home I attend to the house and kids when they are here and do more paperwork late at night. Am I happy that I gained the 15lbs? Not exactly, but you know what, I think I look good, my partner appreciates me and I have learned to love myself no matter my size.
                I take care of my body because my mom was a fun vibrant woman but had mobility issues really early in life due to a heart condition and I hated watching her want to do things and not being able to get around a lot of days. Plus, I feel like I just got a second chance at life so I really want to extend living happily finally for as long as I can.

Vegan diets help a lot...you eat whatever vegan foods you want and never have to worry about gaining weight/dieting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                  Trust me, women sit around talking about those types and laughing at what dbags they are.
                  Oh, it's not just the girls that laugh at those "My sh1t don't stink" guys (and girls), guys do it too!!!

Comment

Oh, it's not just the girls that laugh at those "My sh1t don't stink" guys (and girls), guys do it too!!!
                    My new partner is literally one of the most accomplished and yet most modest people I've ever met. I think its probably his best quality.

Women my age really want men that know how to focus on them and are attentive and sweet....and probably vice versa for men.

Egomaniacs, braggarts, name-droppers, guys who spend half the day in the mirror....they tend to make me dry-heave.

Comment

You do realise too that most guys laugh at the beer-gut types too, that can't even bend down to tie their shoes, or able to see their wand because their gut is in the way ?

Ahh yes, to honor one with the beloved dickie-do award!

Comment

Originally posted by firhill View Post

Girls Don't Poop

Maybe two or three flushes if you skid marks are as tenacious as mine...

Comment

This thread has gone down the 'terlet'! It's almost as bad as being married

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X