X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
    Pffft, Gary's just a bully.
    ... and not even a good one, apparently.

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Stop yelling at me!

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
        No, he's definitely a bully. See?

er...mayhaps I'll wait till he's finished posting.....
        Wow: It's like you knew!

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Passive agressive is not a good look on you, Cheers yourself!!

*hmph*

Comment

Hey, he's Motorhead168, I'm Motorizer.
            My user name is a Motorhead album, true...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorizer View Post
              Hey, he's Motorhead168, I'm Motorizer.
              My user name is a Motorhead album, true...
              My mistake - apologies to both of you.

It's hard to think/type when I'm apopleptic

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Yesterday my GF received a note signed by her ex's wife's doctor saying that their youngest daughter seems to be allergic to certain types of cat hair. The gist of it was to tell her to quit sending clothes with her son when he goes to dear old dads (which is ironic because in the papers he filed earlier in the month he's whining about having to buy all his sons clothes). Anyway, those two have been so secretive about not wanting her (my GF) to know the DOB of their daughter that they covered up this section of the sheet of paper about a third of the way down with something before they made a copy of the note to give to her.
                But, surprise of surprises, they didn't bother looking at the bottom of the sheet. There it is again...
                Childish? Of course, but they're the ones who are infatuated with my GF not finding things like this out, to the point that his wife has told my GF's son not to tell his mother anything she doesn't need to know, such as the birthday of his little sister.
                I find it hilarious that when the highly secretive DOB was finally revealed it was them who let it happen.
                Last edited by Motorhead168; 02-27-2012, 09:11 AM. Reason: too early in the morning

Comment

^^^^^ That post speaks volumes (sigh)

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

he is having financial difficulties paying the $300 a month and would like it reduced as his circumstances have changed and has three other kids living with him and his new wife full time (one child is hers from another relationship and two are theirs).
                    Financial hardship can be argued, but it's very very difficult to do so. The new wife + kids have NO bearing on his CS obligation. Zero, zip, nada. Having additional children is a CHOICE, and the obligation to the existing child does not go away or go down because of a decision to have additional kids.

Also, he wants his arrears for support cancelled, which they claim is $500 but is actually more like $760, because he goes to school in an apprenticeship program for two months each year (although this will be coming to an end next year).
                    BWAHAHAHA ohhh less than a grand of arrears...that beast. Dude, really? There are people on here that are owed TENS OF THOUSANDS of arrears. That is a pittance.

One more thing is that he thinks his new child support payments should be based on his 2010 income (he claims his income is quite a bit lower now than when the original documents were made in 2007) and not 2011, which is at least 2K more than the previous year.
                    The de facto standard used in calculating CS is the use line 150 of the prior years NOA. Since it's right around tax time, ask to see his most recent NOA and use that. 2K income is nothing...like less than $50 a month in support. If you get the CS recalculated yearly (like you are supposed to do) then it'll all come out in the wash. It simply gets off set by a year. It's less headache to do it that way.

He's also claiming that he has his son more than 40% of the time because of the current weekend schedule, which is BS. He has him 141 days a year, max.
                    As has been said, that is AWFUL close to 40%...it's enought that in his shoes, I'd be filing for shared custody vis a vis the CCTB/UCCB payments and making the same argument. Anything in the 35-39% range is very very close...like a handful of days could tip it.

A few weeks ago he brought him back at 10AM instead of 2PM on a Sunday because "he'd be busy"
                    The courts typically look at OVERNIGHTS as the standard used in determining custody percentage. So 10am vs 2pm isn't relevant to the overall calculation.

Shall I bring up the fact that he agrees to pay for section 7 expenses and then backs out when it comes time to pay? Or how about him seeing a receipt she gives him after he says he wants to see it, only to deny ever seeing it in an attempt at not having to pay? The jackass even told the court he's never seen a legitimate receipt
                    Go buy a 3 in 1 printer off kijiji. RIGHT NOW. Scan the receipt in, then email the damn thing to him. Jesus, stop fighting about easily overcome crap. If you know you can't trust him to follow through with stuff he agrees to verbally, document it in a manner he CAN'T refute. Then when he doesn't pay up, you file a pro se motion with the courts to have it paid. Or have the approx amount of section 7 figured out and have it handled by enforcement.

Tons of options. Stop being stupid about it.

Yesterday my GF received a note signed by her ex's wife's doctor saying that their youngest daughter seems to be allergic to certain types of cat hair. The gist of it was to tell her to quit sending clothes with her son when he goes to dear old dads
                    So stop sending clothes. Is it REALLY that big of a deal?

The thing here is they are playing stupid games, and you are letting yourselves get SUCKED into doing so as well. Noone can make you board the crazy train to looney ville. You are doing so of your own accord.

Comment

I couldn't agree more, but as mentioned, I'm just the third-wheeled dude not actually related to anyone so I have about as much say in things as a can of beer.
                      One thing we found out today is that she doesn't need his permission or consent to take their son to the U.S. A quick call to Canadian Immigration confirmed this today.
                      He can kiss our collective ass on this from now on.

Comment

If you are simply the "third-wheeled dude not actually related to anyone" with "as much say in things as a can of beer", then why so much anger and disdain towards your gf's ex?

Let your gf and her ex sort out whatever issues they have between themselves. If they can't (which seems to be the case), then the court will have to sort it out for them.

Comment

One thing we found out today is that she doesn't need his permission or consent to take their son to the U.S. A quick call to Canadian Immigration confirmed this today.
                          That's incorrect. Unless you have a court document indicating otherwise, you need two things to travel cross border.

1. A passport
                          2. A consent to travel document from the other parent.

This is regardless of whether you have sole custody or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorhead168 View Post
                            Yesterday my GF received a note signed by her ex's wife's doctor saying that their youngest daughter seems to be allergic to certain types of cat hair. The gist of it was to tell her to quit sending clothes with her son when he goes to dear old dads (which is ironic because in the papers he filed earlier in the month he's whining about having to buy all his sons clothes). Anyway, those two have been so secretive about not wanting her (my GF) to know the DOB of their daughter that they covered up this section of the sheet of paper about a third of the way down with something before they made a copy of the note to give to her.
                            But, surprise of surprises, they didn't bother looking at the bottom of the sheet. There it is again...
                            Childish? Of course, but they're the ones who are infatuated with my GF not finding things like this out, to the point that his wife has told my GF's son not to tell his mother anything she doesn't need to know, such as the birthday of his little sister.
                            I find it hilarious that when the highly secretive DOB was finally revealed it was them who let it happen.
                            Yeaaa....
                            should agree with Gary M again (kind of scary me )...
                            he sound so proud to cought them in such "BIG" mistake... I was always thought that it better to loose to the smart person than to win against stupid one.

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
                              That's incorrect. Unless you have a court document indicating otherwise, you need two things to travel cross border.

1. A passport
                              2. A consent to travel document from the other parent.

This is regardless of whether you have sole custody or not.
                              So two calls to two different people at Immigration over a month apart, and they're both wrong on this? The only reason she called again this morning is because of what I've been reading on this board. They clearly said, again, that she does not need his consent to travel to the U.S. as long as her son has a passport and she has all the court documents saying she has sole custody. If it was some other country, yes, but to the United States, no.
                              This entire board is beginning to look more and more like disgruntled dads vs disgruntled moms.

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
                                Yeaaa....
                                should agree with Gary M again (kind of scary me )...
                                he sound so proud to cought them in such "BIG" mistake... I was always thought that it better to loose to the smart person than to win against stupid one.
                                Nice call, genius, but you have absolutely no idea the garbage those two manipulating clowns have put us through over the past three years, so you can piss off.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X