OCL Delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL Delays

Has anyone experienced one party stalling or trying to sabotage the ocl? I just got word that ex isn’t signing the consents for police check or CAS... ocl worker had emailed and he isn’t returning the emails or signed consents. It’s been over 3 weeks and they can’t seem to make contact with my ex. Ocl also had to ask me his Lawyers name because the Name he provided wasn’t a name of any lawyer. Will ocl still continue An do a report based off of what portion has been completed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your ex is truly spectacular at digging his hole. Stop worrying about this. The report will more than likely outline how he delayed, refused to cooperate and provided incorrect information.

Add this to your ignore pile. He and his partner are only shooting themselves in the foot.

Comment

They will likely close file due to non cooperation.

Comment

I just hope she will do a report and not close the file. As this would be the second time the ex has messed up the ocl with citing a false conflict the first time. Which this new ocl is aware of.

Comment

These are all common stalling tactics. Forces you to have to get an order for the other parent to comply. Engaging the OCL adds easily 1 year now to any matter and a HUGE pile of legal fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
            These are all common stalling tactics. Forces you to have to get an order for the other parent to comply. Engaging the OCL adds easily 1 year now to any matter and a HUGE pile of legal fees.

Well I won’t be doing an order for my ex to comply. He is the one who requested the OCL, not me. If I had a decent lawyer at the time I would have known I didn’t have to agree. She turned to me in that moment it was requested and said “this is a good thing say yes”. This is the second ocl he has messed around with so maybe she will put all this in the report as it all only supports my claims.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X