Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most important thing you learned from ODF is ...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most important thing you learned from ODF is ...?

Random curiosity here:

What would you say is the single most important thing you learned, or the most important piece of advice you received, from lurking/posting/reading on ODF?

For me, I would say that the most important thing I learned is that I do not need to respond to every provocation the ex sends me - that I don't need to attend every argument I'm invited to, in other words. Sometimes (usually) not responding is the best thing to do.

CanLii. When I joined I didn't know it existed.

Comment

I'm smarter than you

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
        I'm smarter than you
        Nope. Don't think so. But thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
          I'm smarter than you
          In PQ perhaps. In the rest of Canada? Nope. You'd never make it my friend. Women would eat you for breakfast.

Comment

I've learned that divorce and separation are experiences that are extremely powerful. I've learned about the imbalance and desperate need for reform in the system.

It's been eye opening here on odf to see all the mad, sad, hurt individuals all gathered together on this forum....at times projecting and other times helping with great advice.

Odf was instrumental in getting my daughter back and achieving 50/50....I'll be forever grateful to this site and many of its members.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
              Nope. Don't think so. But thanks for sharing!
              Your quote not mine.
              For me, I would say that the most important thing I learned is that I do not need to respond to every provocation

Still learning I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                Your quote not mine.

For me, I would say that the most important thing I learned is that I do not need to respond to every provocation

Still learning I guess.

Theres that but also document document document. And possibly no receipt no pay.

Watching my partners knee jerk reactions and being held to standards his ex refuses to follow has been difficult.

Plus the cool people Ive met here! [emoji41]

Comment

spectacular Tayken, just spectacular...

Comment

Your quote not mine.

Still learning I guess.
                    Bahahaha .. just about spilled my coffee. Sometimes the learning curve is a lengthy one.

Comment

Your quote not mine.

Still learning I guess.

I'm responding to this post at the risk of further solidifying Tayken's critique ...

Links' comments aren't in the category of provocation - not even close. He's got to work a lot harder than that to be provocative. I feel free to correct silly statements or not correct them as I choose. And most crucially (and omitted from Tayken's cut-n-paste), Links isn't my ex.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                        Watching my partners knee jerk reactions and being held to standards his ex refuses to follow has been difficult.
                        Commonly stated by lawyers and judges as:

The sauce that is good for the goose is good for the gander.
                        You can't blow hot and cold at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                          I'm responding to this post at the risk of further solidifying Tayken's critique ...
                          It was a humorous observation and not a critique.

Comment

The most important thing I learned...

Is that some times case law gets posted for people who are actually posters when I write reviews of stupid things people do on CanLII. Then those people will go crazy and just post more crazy crap. Proving why the judge ruled the way they did.

Better stated as:

Don't come on here and post how awesome you are then respond to a posting of case law that identifies you egged the other parents car.

Comment

Commonly stated by lawyers and judges as:

The sauce that is good for the goose is good for the gander.

You can't blow hot and cold at the same time.

I was just joking with another divorced friend about the double standards so many ex wives have. Unless youre in front of a judge, no one sees the double standard!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X