Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking.....murdered because of child support...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocking.....murdered because of child support...

A former airline baggage handler upset at having to pay his ex-girlfriend child support took their 4-year-old daughter for a walk along the Palos Verdes Peninsula and hurled the child off a 120-foot cliff to her death, a prosecutor told jurors Tuesday.

Jurors hear contrasting views of man accused of killing daughter -- latimes.com

Man convicted of drowning son over child support

FULLERTON, Calif.—An Orange County father has been convicted of murdering his 4-year-old son by drowning him in a bathtub.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_1...nclick_check=1

There are tons of cases out there for this....

yes and we will heard of more case like that as some people do lose it at times. It is sad to see but the law need to threat both women and man equally. In the past the women were treated unfairly, now the pendulum has swung the other way. A just balance is needed in the law.

Comment

This has nothing to do with the inequity of CS laws. I agree they are unfair, but I would never toss my kid off a cliff because of it.

Comment

Jesus Christ, I agree the CS laws are screwed up but I would NEVER in a millions years bring harm to any of my children. That's f$%ked up people doing some real f$%ked up things.

Comment

I would not do that, you would not do that neither. But there is some people that just needs this to find either an excuse or actually lose it. It is sad to say but I know of some cases. Its only take a few!!!

Comment

Custody issues have to be looked at seriously in this country. When 2 people divorce the love between the adults is gone, but not between the adults and the children. Giving one adult custody and reducing the other to a visitor in their children's lives is HUGLY traumatic for 100's of thousands in this country. Most people are "stable" and learn to live with this loss silently.

For the VERY unstable, it seems to be the "straw that breaks the camels back". Both men and women do horrendus things when they are suddenly seperated from their kids. This is NOT and EXCUSE or in ANY way understandable, I am just pointing out a very horrific pattern we hear about through the media.

Comment

Originally posted by got2bkid View Post
              custody issues have to be looked at seriously in this country. When 2 people divorce the love between the adults is gone, but not between the adults and the children. Giving one adult custody and reducing the other to a visitor in their children's lives is hugly traumatic for 100's of thousands in this country................
              +1000000000000000

Comment

Simply Horrific

Comment

Yes, I agree. I think requiring each parent to attend a few counselling sessions would help to prevent some of these tragedies. It is a horrible thing to lose (or feel like you are losing) the very person you love most, especially when you are already feeling down from a divorce. At least then there might be the chance to identify these people who are unstable and offer them help.

I don't know how they would do it, especially in cases that are settled out of court, but something needs to be done.

Comment

WTF??!?! This is INSANE! Totally shocking, and sad.

Comment

there are also tons of cases where the dads killed themselves because they simply couldn't keep up with the CS after working several shifts, not able to pay the rent, evicted, no address, no job, yet still obligated to pay CS...

and we are amazed and shocked at what happened as a result every time stuff like this happens, yet the core problem is still in order.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X