This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:
    Spoke with OCL lawyer and expressed my concerns about X and kids being homeless at end of month. I told her that I would have no choice but to come to the aid of my children by way of a motion for interim custody. After a lengthy conversation I got the feeling that she agreed with me. She said things like "absolutley and you have the place to accomodate them" "No judge is going to let them leave". She indicated that she would speak with the kids to see how they are doing with everything going on.

This morning I sent an email to my divorce lawyer also citing my concern and my intent to possibly file a motion and asked for his thoughts.

This afternoon i received a copy of correspondance forwarded from my divorce lawyer originating from the OCL lawyer. This coorespondance was with regard to the kids not coming for access last weekend. In it My 13 your old Son indicated that he no longer wanted to visit with me on our Tuesday nights and that my younger Son 11 and Daughter 6 didn't want to come without their older brother.

Here's the concern:
    If I file this emergency Motion for interim access and the kids say they don't want to come. What then?

P.S. Kids and X going away this weekend and I am not told where. Sure it's valentines and new boyfriend from other province probably here to wine and dine them. More persuading of the kids I'm sure.

Comment

Too bad you had such a crappy Birthday ni123. Don't let it get you down.
      Don't forget that when you were in court the Judge made note of possible parental alienation. This is favourable for you.

As far as the oldest not wanting to see you, try not to let this bother you. Remember that he was living with you last summer. Now the younger ones are following his lead. But the younger ones aren't saying they don't want to see YOU, they just want their big brother to go too.

How are you supposed to rectify the false info their Mom is feeding them when she sees them all the time? It's hard to do.

Maybe your EX will decide she'll go out west on her own for a bit. Wouldn't that be good?!

Your EX is trying to beat you down and get you to give up using underhanded tactics. Don't let her.

Comment

Keep Fighting

All I have to say is keep fighting for the children I'm going throught the same thing. She promised the world too me and nothing she said has come true. I let her go out there to better herself but now she is in way over her head.

Comment

Here it is Wednesday and I don't seem to be getting any response from my lawyer other than that he has been in touch with the OCL lawyer and they are trying to arrange for a settlement conference as prescribed under Legal aid rules. I emailed him back asking how this will resolve the childrens homelessness at the end pf the month. No reply. A number of my calls and emails have gone unanswered. I feel I am being stonewalled here or not being kept in the loop as to how they are arriving at their decisions. Have they spilled the beans to my X of my intent to file an emergency motion for interim custody resulting in her coming up with more nonsense to block me. Do the lawyers not have on obligation to act on my request for a motion or at least discuss with me why they may feel another course of action is more appropriate. I am concern that I will miss the window for filling and the result will be that the kids end up in social housing and that the status quo will remain.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X