X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transcripts

how do you order transcripts of your motion or case conference

There is no record of case conferences as they are held on a without prejudice basis to encourage settlement. There is no transcript available.

Comment

what about motion transcripts

Comment

You can go to the courts and order a transcript. They will charge by the page I believe and will have you fill out a form and wait about 4 weeks. I tried this a couple of years ago with a case conference and found out that they were unattainable as mentioned above.

Comment

Go to the court with your file in it and inquire of the procedure. I was sent to another courthouse(ontario) in my city as that is where the tapes of court matters are stored. At that courthouse, I filled out a one-page form stating the date, the judge, the parties etc. etc. If you want only a particular portion of the motion(ruling for example) it will be significantly cheaper than asking for the whole motion.

That said, it has only cost me about 40.00 for three copies of one motion in my case. Another longer motion cost just 60.00. Get one for yourself, one for the other side if needed and one for judge, just in case. So request three copies, it is cheaper than getting a copy bound and made elsewhere.

In our town, the transcription services are contracted out to the court reporters for after hours. So I needed to prepay for the work in cash or cheque based on an estimated amount. It is a real pain to go there once to order, once to pay estimate and once to pick up and pay the remainder(if any). If you had a lawyer, I believe the pre-pay doesn't apply.

Case conferences are only allowed to be transcribed with a further order of the court. In cases of appeals etc. it can be ordered but it is rare.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X