View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 01:34 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
There have been a few threads discussing the difficulty of dealing with a high-conflict ex in family court...especially ones that exhibit traits of personality disorder(s).

Can anyone who's had experience with this type of ex give tips on how to deal with it? Is it worth seeking amicable resolution?

I'm specifically interested in those that have dealt with paranoids, pathological liars, controllers, and/or narcissistic types.
You are talking about Axis II cluster B disordered people. This includes histrionic, borderline and narcissists. This whole axis is being re-done in DSM-V. They are being lumped under a single grouping of sociopaths.

Careful of the push-me pull-me patterns of behavior that these possibly personality disordered people exhibit. I highly recommend you start with "Stop Walking on Egg Shells" and then move into the materials written William Eddy to get a better understanding on how to deal with it all.

There is nothing you really can do to "fix" the problem. As with all disabilities (mental) it is up to the person who has the problem to "fix" it. No matter what you do... You can't change someone else. Only they can change their patterns of behavior.

Good Luck!
Tayken

PS: People do change. The challenge is that they have to "want" to change.