View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 07:23 AM
FL_Needs_To_Change's Avatar
FL_Needs_To_Change FL_Needs_To_Change is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern Ontario
Posts: 1,261
FL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura aboutFL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura about

The general rule is that if there is a claim for some or all of the debt then yes you can ask the courts to order that the other party show the records of debt to determine whether they should be included.

The documents would have to show that the debt was incurred as a result of the relationship. Had they not been claimed as splitable debt, then you would have no right to the statements, as how one manages their income is not up for debate so as long as they have met and continue to meet other financial obligations as they pertain to the other party ONLY..