This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matrimonial home

X is putting up the house for sale, now she came back to me saying that house needs repairs and was told we get set amount for house, all of the sudden she mention she remember she owes her mom 5000 regarding down payment , i know we cashed rrsp and we did borrow for lawyers but nothing else , the house is under her name but i did the payments for the past 8yrs , she z she will pay her mom off if we sell the house and split what ever is left , is it me being selfish saying hell no , agreement was between your mom and you and nt me if there was any . any opinions on this

If she is actually paying her mom back a loan, then you should go along with that. Saying it is between her and her mom is not reasonable. Home repairs have nothing to do with the loan question, so that is irrelevant.

If there was no loan, then there is nothing to pay back.

If she is 'pretending' to pay her mom back, and her mom then gives her the money, then don't go along with it.

How you know the difference, I wouldn't know.

Comment

she doesnt have a chance, I wanted the 15 grand my mom gave me as part of my early inheritnence but once i mixed it with the house i was screwed. Memo to people out there, if you are putting more then your partner down for a downpayment, get it in writing that you will get your downpayment back. Advice from my divorce lawyer, a little too late.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X