Thread: Step-Parents
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 01:08 PM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
You never answered the question fully... WHY is this something you want to find out? What event made you want to research this topic?

I don't think it is about people refusing to believe sexual abuse exists. We all know it does, however so does physical, mental and verbal abuse. Their are risks associated with everything kids do in life. My step kids go and play on the hill across the street, there is a risk they may fall down the hill and break their arm/leg. There is a risk of driving with children in a car and getting in an accident.

Tell me something, is this something you are going to share with your daughter? Are you going to let her know she should not trust any man in her life but you, especially her Mom's new partner because she might get sexually abused?

If you are so good at looking up statistics, why don't YOU research how many father's sexually abuse their children? Or how many siblings sexually abuse their younger siblings? You are searching for only one type of statistics because you want to try and validate your concerns, but if we are serious about knowing the statistics of sexual abuse in children, you would research the WHOLE picture, not just pick and choose.
I think the better stat for him to start looking at is how many step-parents are perfectly normal, loving human beings that wouldn't hurt their step-kids anymore than they'd hurt their own.

Or maybe how many step-fathers are falsely accused by stat-obsessed bio-fathers.

I suggest you research the WHOLE picture and realize that girls are more likely to be abused by family members OTHER than the male step-parent.