Todays message from "other side"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays message from "other side"

Court is in July, no one is making any offers...

Today he received an email from his lawyer saying now the exes lawyer has requested his medical records...plus his 2020 tax assessment.

First off...should the two doctors letters and his ltd acceptance letter not be enough.

Secondly, why does he need to provide 2020 return..when they seperated 3 yers ago?

If he is paying support they need it. If he is claiming a loss of income they need it.

I don’t think that medical records would be ordered. His records mean nothing if it was an accident or other on the job issue. If he claimed a mental breakdown they may be asking to prove it was known or expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

should the two doctors letters and his ltd acceptance letter not be enough.
      If this matter is going to trial, and the ability to work is at issue, then this is not nearly enough. Letters by themselves aren't good evidence, and experts generally need to be approved by the court and be deemed to be a professional in the field in which they're giving an opinion.

A doctor should be presented to court to testify, and will be subject to cross-examination. The other side might (and appropriately) want to submit the medical evidence to their own expert.

Comment

The demand for 2020 taxes mid March,,seemed a bit ridiculous, but they are done and have been sent to the lawyer.
        Partners lawyer shakes his head over all of the requests they keep making.

This part scares me, but his lawyer it is a bullying attempt.

"With a trial having been scheduled, you may consider this letter to be formal notice to you that all unanswered or outstanding requests for disclosure will result in the court being asked to draw adverse inferences against your clien"

They also "offered: for him to sign his half of the mortgage free house over to her, plus huge sum from his pension, to not pay any support.

I'm just hoping someone says something that will work before a trial..because if it goes to trial, by the time everyone is paid off there will be nothing left from the house

Comment

You can always make your own reasonable offer to settle.

Comment

He did..

At the very start he offered to pay full divorce mate calculation

Sell the house

Leave her on his benefit plan. if they divorce she will lose that, he has no choice on this

Leave each other pension plans alone...no equalization, that would benefit him, not her.

That was turned down.

Her lawyer has told her she will get court costs, probably, his lawyer says rarely happen

she calls her lawyer weekly...I can only imagine the bill she will get

Comment

Some litigants don’t get it. They think they are entitled to more than they are. They interpret the law how they want and they figure they have a better sob story than their ex. The truth is, they waste the courts’ time and money on their ridiculous position.

Best advice is to just keep muddling through until a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats what I keep hoping..that the law will prevail in this case.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X