False Rape (Sexual Assault) allegations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Rape (Sexual Assault) allegations

This post is by no means anyway to diminish domestic violence victims.

It is solely to highlight Canadian CanLii cases where False Rape Allegations have been used in custody disputes.

Even if the accused is found not guilty, he is usually emotionally and financially destroyed without any repercussion for the complainant.

1. https://www.canlii.org/en/on/oncj/do...19oncj563.html
    Boyfriend asks to spend time with their daughter. She files false rape allegations.

2. http://canlii.ca/t/241sv
    Feud between the two families compels their daughter to make false historical rape allegations.

3. http://canlii.ca/t/j614m
    Wife and Husband are having issues. Husband asks Wife to move out and the wife threatens him that she will "get him". She seduces him to have sex with her then "Corroborates" her version by going to the hospital and telling her friends.

4. http://canlii.ca/t/gg0n5
    Woman invites herself to a married man's house when she knows his wife is away. Then they leave to go to a bar together. She comes back to his house and has sex. Claims rape and wins

5. http://canlii.ca/t/h5018
    She texted him to come over for "Hot Sex". Next day she files for rape and wins

6. http://canlii.ca/t/gvg45
    In this case, a man was convicted of sexual assault on his former spouse. Fortunately for him, the "victim" contacts his new spouse and admits that the sex was consensual. She first denies having sent the message only to admit it later on.
    A new trial is then ordered.

7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYH992ynhdU
    "60 minutes" documentary about a man's fiance filing false allegations against him.
    Last edited by rvalentines; 04-18-2020, 10:04 AM. Reason: additional link

I for one read and participate here for family law. This is criminal law. Maybe find another forum.

Comment

Dear Abba,

Just to remind you - Criminal courts are highly leveraged to gain an advantage in Family Courts.

Countless men are put through the system by their partners through false allegations to get exclusive possession of the matrimonial house and de facto custody of the children.

I am one of them. When I was arrested after my ex-wife WALKED into a police station to make her allegations, the majority of the men in jail were men being accused of domestic violence.

Lastly, if you actually read what I posted, you would see that majority of those cases involved the husband asking for custody which then triggered the woman to make false allegations.

This was my case. In the middle of a custody dispute, my own wife made criminal allegations.

Comment

Moderator will delete this thread.

Rvalentines: Many of us have been accused of allegations. Including myself. But you should limit the threads to family court and family law. Case Law on court cases involving custody decisions, access decisions, supports, parenting issues etc. I have read your posts and you are angry, and understandably so, but remember that this forum is family law related and parenting with your ex related etc

Comment

Everyone should listen to NiN "The Downward Spiral" when reading posts from the OP. I have been here a long time and the OP is repeating a pattern of behaviour on this site I have observed for 10 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FNe7l3KkQU

I would link the previous examples but, those users all ended up being permanently removed and all their history wiped as well.

For those who have been around long enough... This user is about as "resourceful" as "resourceful".

Comment

I do sympathize with RValentines however. A marriage broke up, and 2 people that were once in love are deciding how to divide assets and spend futures with their kids.

Rather than sitting down at a table like adults to amicably resolve things fairly, you are thrown into court. Then crazy allegations start on how terrible a human being you are in efforts to relegate you to visitor status rather than parent, from the person you married, had kids, with and shared a life with. Then the legal bills surmount drying up your bank accounts, hoping you give up and give the other person their way.

I could not imagine a more adversarial and conflict-encouraging system than the family court system.

Comment

Exactly.

I feel people who have actually experienced it first hand can sympathize.

I remember I used to judge dad's who were divorced and were denied access to their kids. I used to think to myself that they were drug addicts/alcoholics.

However, I have seen it myself how false allegations can literally not only take away your kids, your house, but destroy you financially, mentally, and emotionally.

I've been involved in my children's lives every single day since birth. Now all the sudden I'm an unfit dad because they Mother is making allegations?

I need to pay a criminal lawyer to defend myself against lies? What kind of messed up society have we created? Where Men are overwhelmingly punished.

There is NO WAY false allegations are only 2%.

Comment

If there is any saving grace for you Rvalentines, is that if you come out of your criminal case clean, your ex has seriously shot herself in the foot by going to such measures to try to get her way. Not a good way to treat the father of her children...,

Comment

Right.

That's what I'm counting on but that's still a good 8-9 months away ASSUMING it doesn't get delayed due to COVID-19. I'm missing out on my children's best years.

I now understand why men commit suicide 3x the rate of women. The constant allegations and emotional pain is traumatizing. I haven't been able to work all day today. This is despite the fact that I am meditating, exercising, and talking with friends.

My other concern is actually getting CONVICTED of her allegations. I made a post about false allegations where quite a few husbands were convicted from their spouse's false allegations. Some of them appealed and won though. But an appeal costs $70k+ (on top of the previous trial).

Anyways, sorry about the rant. It will be a long road ahead.

Comment

Here's something both of you are missing- did you hit your spouse? were you abusive? was there a power imbalance? y'all keep throwing around the word "allegation". well- if the allegation has merit and a basis in truth- then maybe it's time for self reflection.

My ex went into co-parenting counseling -with the same attitude of both of you - "how could you say this about me??? how am I all of a sudden a monster?????" - he went on and on about how it was just anger and stuff said in the heat of the moment and it was completely blown out of proportion. it took MONTHS of counseling and therapy for him to realize what he did- not only the one time- but over the course of our relationship. And how it could hurt his relationship with me as his co-parent, and his own daughter. he still doesn't get it- I guarantee it. He thinks it was my fault- and I was a trigger. anything can be a trigger- but what you can't do is excuse your actions.

rvalentines- the fact that you are going to trial- and you weren't offered a plea deal makes me think this is either not your first time with a DV charge, and/or it 's a serious allegation. and one which has some evidence behind it. add to that in another thread you made some kind of statement like "should a dad lose custody just because he slapped his wife?" - makes it easy to side eye you. You sound controlling.

instead of focusing on what the "crazy" mom is doing- maybe take some time to reflect on what you can do instead to prove you are a reasonable person.

Comment

Don't jump into assumptions.

Never had a criminal record. I was given a plea deal and I did not take it.

She made more money than me and had her own bank account with more savings than me. I paid for our mortgage + groceries and she refused to contribute.

Just because I'm a male doesn't mean I automatically am controlling. In this day and age, it is more common for women to abuse men. At least the legal system severely disadvantages males.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalentines View Post
                        Just because I'm a male doesn't mean I automatically am controlling.
                        Of course not, we think you are controlling because you sound controlling. Lots of mothers on this forum also sound controlling. Men tend to try and control money, women tend to try and control kids. Neither is a winner.

In this day and age, it is more common for women to abuse men.
                        *citation needed*

It is possible that the rates are relatively equal, but I doubt that woman abuse at a statistically higher rate.

At least the legal system severely disadvantages males.
                        It absolutely does.

You need to be careful though, you do this often. You lump too many things together, and as long as one of them is wrong, we dismiss all the others.

Imagine I told you that an offer to settle helps you win costs, and another way to win costs is to get a penis tattoo of the judge's name. My second claim is clearly wrong, so you might dismiss the first thing I said, even though I was correct. That's why I don't want you writing letters to MP's. You lump too many things together; some of which have, at best, a tenuous link to reality.

Comment

There is NO WAY false allegations are only 2%.
                          I don't know about other jurisdictions, but Toronto police closes 14-15% cases every year for being unfounded. Those are the cases that the police BELIEVE did not happen and were not plausible and can demonstrate that. Of course in the vast majority of cases where they do charge the victim (falsely accused is the actual victim here) they re simply covering their asses even though they know the charges are lies.

As for those who are saying this shouldn't be here are perhaps forgetting that false allegations of sexual assault are very much connected to separation and divorce even when the case is not directly matrimonial because the outcome is training the a certain segment of the society in how to levy false allegations and get away with them. A lot of these people end up getting married and then using this training post breakup.

Comment

Originally posted by sahibjee View Post
                            I don't know about other jurisdictions, but Toronto police closes 14-15% cases every year for being unfounded.
                            reference? citation?

Comment

5. http://canlii.ca/t/h5018
                              She texted him to come over for "Hot Sex". Next day she files for rape and wins
                              This case is misleading. In this case the presiding judge was retiring and decided to make a statement as he walked out the door. The judge brought in a lot of rape myths and other studies that were not entered during the trial. Essentially, the judge was making a political statement, not a judgement on the facts.

This case is very well known and has had lots of news on it. The only thing she "won" was a peace bond that neither would go near each other. Being that he had since moved to BC to restart his life from being ruined, I doubt he wants to be around her.

One of my very close friends did the appeal in this case. In passing he made a comment that this was his easiest appeal he ever worked on as the judge made it so. He also mentioned that the complainant and her friends would constantly walk up to the defendant and harass him, yelling obscenities and insults.

This case is an outlier if there ever was one.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X