Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone actually receive/pay spousal support?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever floats your boat!!

Comment

The stay at home parent should feel greatful they were able to stay at home with their kids

What are you kidding me!!

The other parent should feel greatful that one parent stayed home.

Now that there is a divorce taking place you want to argue that the poster shouldn't be compensated financially? That she agreed to stay home, so too bad so sad, sorry you lost out on your earning potential but thats the way it goes!

Usually it takes 2 people to make this decision and now that the marriage is over, 1 person doesn't get to decide that because there was no financial contribution during the marriage, there will be no compensation now.

You can most certainly bet that she will have an income imputed to her based on what she should be earning, you can't claim $0 as an income, so why is it she can't insist that his earning potential be imputed as well.

Whether or not he continues to be self employed or gets another job is his choice, but he has financial obligations that don't end just because he says his buisness isn't doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by frustratedwithex View Post

What are you kidding me!!

The other parent should feel greatful that one parent stayed home.

Now that there is a divorce taking place you want to argue that the poster shouldn't be compensated financially? That she agreed to stay home, so too bad so sad, sorry you lost out on your earning potential but thats the way it goes!

[[/COLOR]
        So the stay at home parent should not be happy to have a spouse that was making enough so it was an option?? The OP thinks that because she stayed home that she deserves more then a 50/50 split of the assets. Who is to say what someones earning potentional may have been?? There are so many factors. I am not saying she should not be compensated but to think that she deserves more then the 50/50 split is crazy.

Comment

my big thing is that there are too many what ifs and if only' nothing concrete. No one can possible say what may or may not happened in the future
          I am sure she is being asked to predict her future earnings so that it can be imputed to her.

Who is to say what someones earning potentional may have been?? There are so many factors.
          I agree, who's to say.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X