Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does one normally see the first FRO cheque?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does one normally see the first FRO cheque?

CS was determined in July. I am just wondering how long it will take to see the first payment (if it is made). I have no contact with my ex. There is a restraining order between us. If it is made for the 1st of the month what is the processing time? I'm hesistant to call them after reading info on this forum about them.

I have not seen any paperwork from FRO to get things started even though an order was made retro to June 1st. When I called them because I had an existing CS order they told me it would take a few months. Still waiting and still no help from the EX so don't count on it anytime soon.

By the time things get rolling they will be looking at having to take his entire cheque as he will be already considered in arrears.

Sorry for the bleak outlook but that is what it seems to be. Budget as if you were not getting support.

Comment

I would say within 3 months, and yes he will likely already be in arrears but I believe they may only garnish 50% of his income, so he will likely have some catching up to do.

Comment

3-4 months, you can give them a call a see if they sent an income deduction to his work

Comment

He works under the table.

Comment

Originally posted by 2boys View Post
            He works under the table.
            Hate to tell you this but your not going to see any money for a very long time unless he is willing to fork it over. If they are not willing to pay they will delay it indefinitely. Lets hope that does not happen the children only suffer.

Comment

I figured as much. I guess my other option is talking to Canada Revenue about how his income is reported.

Comment

He has property. Can they put a lien on it or something? Can he get away with not paying forever? I don't understand it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X