View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Dar2006 Dar2006 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2
Dar2006 is on a distinguished road
Default Getting tough but how?

I am at the time recieving assistance although it is less than $200 after they take the child suport payment I get off and I am getting the guidline amout for 1 child. I realize I might get more taking him to court for suport but my fears are the extras the government gives myself such as dental and drug coverage. I lived with this man for 13 years and he moved us into his parents house after his father passed away because his mother became very ill. I took care of his mother as well as our son who has a number of difficulties with severeTourettes etc. As soon as his mother passed and he inherited the house he turned even more controlling and then he told us to get out. I had nothing, not even clothes and thought I had no choice untill I did some research and found out what it was I could do and I did what I had to in order to get away from him for my sons sake as well as my own. In the mean time we attended an appointment at his lawyer where I represented myself and was given child support and he agreed to finance my move etc as long as I didn't take him to court for support for myself. I made sure it was in writing that I had 2 years to do that if I needed and all was settled but he hasn't helped in quite a while and his debts are settled and has a working live in campanion that I was aware he was with before but she hadn't moved in the house. I figured since he had help with finances now he could do what needs to be done for myself and his son. As far as independance, my sons problems are severe to the point that I will not be able to work and care for him so I will be needing some assistance of some form. He is getting a diss. ben. now also. I am going tomorrow to legal aid to make an appointment for legal assistance but I wanted to know what it is I am entitled to before I went.