View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 11:29 PM
Strider22 Strider22 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 4
Strider22 is on a distinguished road
Default Income splitting

You might want to consider correcting the income splitting.

If you did not do the work to earn the money then jointly you have filed false information with the CRA to evade taxes. This would mean that you overpaid the taxes and would get a refund and he would have to pay the taxes due on the income you did not earn but he did.

He should consider using the voluntary disclosure program;
Voluntary Disclosures Program
to avoid extra penalties.

You don't need the voluntary disclosure program as you are coming forward to correct the falsehood and the program was set up to provide an opportunity to avoid penalties. You will not owe penalties nor will you be charged with fraud.