No announcement yet.

Items to share between two households

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you're being petty. As many have said, you don't have to reply or even address your ex's concerns. It's difficult to deal with an unreasonable ex, but don't punish your child because of it.

You should use this as a teaching opportunity. Only you know how 'mature' your child is. My d12 and S13 both have iPods that they bring back and forth. Both of them got 'dropped' but they knew I would not fix if that happened. I also got several texts from my S13 that the ex had 'confiscated' his iPod / Rubix cube collection for unreasonable reasons.

He wanted me to intercede in his behalf. I was able to explain we had two different households with different rules and consequences and I could not get involved.

Comment

My kids have laptops and Chromebook that I bought and I let them take it to and from. I personally think its petty to say the kids can't take it back and forth. My kids would also think its petty and call me out on it if I refused to let them. It is no big deal. The school Chromebooks are horrible. My son does his homework on his so I wouldn't do this to him. Same with sports gear. It goes back and forth. We don't buy two sets of hockey and lacrosse gear for them. Rules for all apply at the home they are in if taken awayfor disciplinary reasons.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X