This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online divorce?

I recently stumbled upon a article, about online divorce. This makes me sad, they are starting to make divorce seem like it is an everyday thing. Here is the article:

Originally posted by http://www.womansdivorce.com/divorce-online.html
    Getting a divorce online is a form of do it yourself divorce geared towards couples who have decided to divorce and can agree on the all the details and terms of a divorce.

What is so nice about about getting a divorce online is that you can prepare your divorce papers at your own pace. No having to wait for an appointment with your lawyer, no having to take time off from work, and no having to deal with the lengthy divorce process.

WomansDivorce.com has partnered with 3StepDivorce.com to provide you with this service allowing you prepare your divorce forms online. Better than the divorce kits, you receive detailed instructions and explanations to complete your divorce online. Your divorce papers will be filled out specific to your state, your children (if you have any), and your individual incomes, plus your completed documents can be ready for filing in less than one hour.

As an added value to this service, every account has access to a free divorce download center consisting of books and manuals written by divorce professionals. These downloads can help you quickly get the answers you need before, during, and after their divorce. The value of these books alone is over $750, and offer a wealth of information. You can check out the various books at the Free Divorce Download Center.

The cost to get your divorce online is only $299, an exceptional value considering the level of customer support, the free access to the self-help manuals, and the ease of use. Just think how much that will save you over the cost of hiring a lawyer for your uncontested divorce. If you would like to have your divorce papers prepared for you, I would suggest checking out the 3Step Divorce online capabilities.

Originally posted by ExWife2Many
    I recently stumbled upon a article, about online divorce. This makes me sad, they are starting to make divorce seem like it is an everyday thing. Here is the article:
    I'm not sure that the idea is to make divorce seem like an everyday thing. Rather the idea is to make obtaining the actual divorce itself easier.

In the past, you had to retain a lawyer to get a divorce. Because of all the obligations lawyers have, due diligence they must perform, and high overhead of running a law firm, that was expensive. Alternatively, you could spend hours trying to figure out how to obtain the divorce yourself (and probably make many mistakes along the way).

Now, there's a simple and relatively cheap and easy option available for people who are obtaining a divorce.

Remember that this option is only available for people who have already been separated for one year. I'm not sure what good it would do to discourage people in this situation from obtaining a divorce. Surely, it's best just to allow them to get divorced quickly and cheaply, so that they can move on with their lives.
    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

I think its a great idea. One of the worst things about divorce is having to go into some office and tell someone all about your relationship.

They never had this back in the day, but I'd use it now if i had to.

Comment

As bad of an idea I think this is I doubt this will cause divorce to become more common. Just because you give out guns to everyone does not mean they will start becoming murderers, granted there a few exceptions. The final decision will ultimately come from the individual however, not a website.

Comment

Wow, this is crazy.

By having "easier access" to getting divorces, I believe it'll also increase divorce rate.

Since it'll be much easier to end marraiges, this will give less chance of a couple to re-think and re-work their problems out.

Arrr...

Comment

Easier access isn't what people need. If you HAVE to get a divorce, that's one thing. But kids these days will be flippant about getting married because divorce is so easy. What happened to the days when you married til death do you part?

Comment

with a non contested divorce were a couple have lived apart for two years have no property to split and no under age children, what are the laws pertaining to that kind of divorce.. do both parties have to apply or sign the petion. bahnfire

Comment

there is not a dite for canadians

Comment

this site is not for canadians does anyone have onther one for divorce online web site

Comment

There are a number of sites like that. I know in Ontario, you can fill out the main forms yourself from the government of Ontario's online form site, and there are a number of other sites that offer (in Ontario anyway) forms prepared for $200-$500, depending on what all you need. ONTARIO DIVORCE/Canadian Divorce OnLine/Easy do it yourself divorce in Ontario Canada. is one, Ontario Divorce - Uncontested divorce for Ontario, Canada is another, and that one does across provinces.

It can be done.

Comment

The sites are just for the purpose of making money. The forms can be obtained for free, and there is free legal advice available at the courthouse from the duty counsel and FLIC if you have trouble entering your name in the right space. All they are doing is charging you $300 for forms you can get at the courthouse (or download from the government website). You still have to do all the work, and they aren't allowed to give actual legal advice.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X