View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 11:23 AM
satreblid satreblid is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1
satreblid is on a distinguished road
Default Alberta Common Law?

I'm currently in a relationship with a girl and we've been living together for 14 months in a condo that I purchased in my name. We have seperate bank accounts and seperate incomes / jobs so there is no co-depedance in that area. To date she has contributed about $2500 to expenses over the year we've lived together, these include groceries, power bills, cable bills, etc. Her name is not on the condo nor attached to any of my personal accounts. She is on my health care plan that I have at work however, as part of the healthcare agreement my employer required that we sign a company form stating common law status. Unfortunately things don't seem to be working out and before doing anything I wanted to see what my options are. The relationship itself has been going on for almost 5 years but we've only lived together for 14 months. What is she entitled to?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide,

SA Trebild