Thread: Online divorce?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Jeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWife2Many
I recently stumbled upon a article, about online divorce. This makes me sad, they are starting to make divorce seem like it is an everyday thing. Here is the article:
I'm not sure that the idea is to make divorce seem like an everyday thing. Rather the idea is to make obtaining the actual divorce itself easier.

In the past, you had to retain a lawyer to get a divorce. Because of all the obligations lawyers have, due diligence they must perform, and high overhead of running a law firm, that was expensive. Alternatively, you could spend hours trying to figure out how to obtain the divorce yourself (and probably make many mistakes along the way).

Now, there's a simple and relatively cheap and easy option available for people who are obtaining a divorce.

Remember that this option is only available for people who have already been separated for one year. I'm not sure what good it would do to discourage people in this situation from obtaining a divorce. Surely, it's best just to allow them to get divorced quickly and cheaply, so that they can move on with their lives.